Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hagfish prize

1. Default Hagfish prize

What would something like this be worth? I got visited by a crab and people told me it was a T6 jackpot.

A small crab scuttles up holding a sign that reads, "YES HELLO, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU FOUND SOMETHING AMAZING! WANT TO TELL ME ABOUT IT?"

A scrawny half-krolvin lad takes your coins, and you lean forward, plunging both hands into the cold salt water as you feel around. Something slimy passes between your hands, and you clamp down hard, pulling out a white-finned pinkish grey hagfish.
    Roundtime: 10 sec.
    R>
    Durakar gasps.
    R>
    Durakar applauds you.
    R>
    Jumping from his perch, a scrawny half-krolvin lad rushes up to you and relieves you of your find. "Aw, gross," he says, as he unceremoniously drops it into the water with a loud splash. "Okay, man, you win. That thing is gross!" He turns to an iron-bound warped oak chest and pulls out a burnished rosewood cube carved with flourishing wild roses. "Here is your prize!"

You analyze your rosewood cube and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
    This is a lapidary box that can change the look of your gems! Designs are limited to 15 characters (including a/an) and will only change the article description of your gem. (IE: "a tiny,deep blue,sapphire" can become "a speckled,deep blue,sapphire" or "a sword-incised,deep blue,sapphire".)

The cube will only hold gems, and it will only hold one gem at a time.
    This item is not eligible for lightening or deepening.
    Current verbs: CLOSE, OPEN, PUSH, TURN

Try as you might, you cannot get a good sense of whether or not the cube's pockets could get any deeper, but you can tell that the cube is as light as it can get.

You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "gilt-sparked."
    >turn cube
    >
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "flower-shaped."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "glimmering."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "red-flecked."
    >turn cube
    >
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "silver-shot."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "rounded."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "beveled."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "pink-laced."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "heart-etched."
    >turn cube
    You carefully eye the revolving center of your rosewood cube, lining up your desired sequence beyond the small transparent panels with exact precision. The interior is currently set to: "rose-tinted."

So it's a lapidary box with more than five sides. Could be worth a bit. A lot of people at EG have five-sided ones, but this would allow them to have more to customize.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

3. Default

Ordim will probably trade you his first born

If it came in a box that glowed when you opened it, it was a T6. Otherwise that's a nice T5. Definitely worth several millions, if looking to sell it I'd suggest starting at 5m and am sure it will go up from there.
    Player of Durakar

5. Default

I'm pretty sure the games don't offer glowing boxes for their jackpots, do they? Can anyone confirm?
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

I can confirm, they do. I've seen it.
    Player of Durakar

7. Default

they hand you a chest instead of the just the item and announce jackpot

8. Default

I'd pay 20m. But I'm a cheapskate.

Blog Entries

Good to know they can be unlocked at least up to 10 slots though, thanks for sharing.

Supposedly all the boxes can in theory be unlocked to 10 but the service was not offered this year and might be a raffle level service if it ever is.