Thread: Crystal Amulet help?

Default Crystal Amulet help?

So I feel like I am entirely missing something here. Since returning I dont really see anything when I am tuned to the amulet... nothing in local/merchant chat. When I do chat it shows up with the (quiet) brackets for the channel I am in. Am I missing something with how to open your amulet up to other channels or is just no one on it at all in the landing? Did I set something up incorrectly in stormfront causing those chats/channel not to appear?

Ignoring most convos happen on Lich I still want to make sure my local amulet is functional.

Appreciate the help with my current stupidity on this one.

I think the amunet is mainly used only during storyline and invasion stuff. The old days of heavy amunet use are behind us.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Don't forget to check the wiki to make sure you're doing things correctly: https://gswiki.play.net/Crystal_amulet

But yeah, what Mogonis said. The amunet is usually quiet. No one sells on it. The amunet is still mostly for in character stuff, so most people just default to lnet so they don't have to worry about being in character to get the info they need. Keep in mind also that while lnet is a good place to ask so that the most people hear you, there's also a ton of stuff going on that is completely unrelated to the game and can be fairly vulgar and infantile quite often. If you want to avoid that, stick to the prime channel on lnet for asking game related questions and to the merchant channel on lnet for selling.

This reminds me of when I first came back 3 years ago and tried lich for the first time. Someone was selling something on the lnet merchant channel but I was bidding on the amunet merchant channel cause I still had no clue what to do. I got pissed off that the seller never recognized any of my bids until someone finally clued me in.

Maybe he doesn't know what lich is...I didn't when I returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhangath View Post
    Ignoring most convos happen on Lich I still want to make sure my local amulet is functional.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I assumed by this statement that he did know what it was...

Like "hey, yes, I know what lich is and ignoring the fact that most conversations happen there, I just want to make sure my local amunet is working properly."
    Last edited by Viekn; 10-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.

So I feel like I am entirely missing something here. Since returning I dont really see anything when I am tuned to the amulet... nothing in local/merchant chat. When I do chat it shows up with the (quiet) brackets for the channel I am in. Am I missing something with how to open your amulet up to other channels or is just no one on it at all in the landing? Did I set something up incorrectly in stormfront causing those chats/channel not to appear?

Appreciate the help with my current stupidity on this one.
    Your amunet is fine, but if you want people to talk back you'll have to get on LNet.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yep, apparently I didn't read the full post.

my GoS character always has the amunet tuned. My two CoL masters both left CoL and joined Voln, and now they never use the amunet. If Voln had an option to be on the amunet like the other two, I'd be on it, but they don't.... so, eh.