Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VA meetup in Richmond

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Deza View Post
    So if we get all the snow that is apparently gonna blanket my area, I may not be able to go. There's a lot of twisty roads that don't get cleared till way later and I'm not risking an adventure day with the kiddo in the car through that shit. So I'm bumped down to a maybe. Sorry, y'all.
    We need to plan a D & B day for Spring/Summer.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deza View Post
    So if we get all the snow that is apparently gonna blanket my area, I may not be able to go. There's a lot of twisty roads that don't get cleared till way later and I'm not risking an adventure day with the kiddo in the car through that shit. So I'm bumped down to a maybe. Sorry, y'all.
    Yeah they are saying 2-4 inches now down 95, so I'll have to see if it comes or not. I wanted to play some arcade games but not enough to drive 2 hrs in snow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    We need to plan a D & B day for Spring/Summer.
    Agreed, 100%, with this.

I just checked the forecast for us, and they're saying 3-5 inches of wet snow overnight, with ice tomorrow. That's probably not enough to snow us in, but if it's much more than that, it could become problematic.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Hmm. Sounds like maybe it'd be best to nix tomorrow?
    Last edited by Mogonis; 12-08-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like maybe it'd be best to nix tomorrow?
    Sorta what I'm thinking, too. I don't know how many people have confirmed, but if it's just those in this thread, well...

The wife and I could probably make it, if the weather is just what they're predicting, but maybe pushing it back to early January would be best for all involved?

There's no need to risk snow to hang out. It's dark at 5:00, so I'm more concerned with people heading back when it's dark and snowy, especially if there's sleet.

Richmond's Saturday forecast:
    Snow during the morning will give way to lingering snow showers during the afternoon. Some sleet may mix in. High around 35F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
    Last edited by Mogonis; 12-08-2017 at 02:17 PM.

August 20, 2006
    >just ban

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

It's basically sleeting at my house right now.

August 20, 2006
    >just ban

>ask clerk about citizen

>write book

Updated forecast for us is 4-8 inches, and it's piling on snow right now. I'm gonna go ahead and say we're out for tomorrow, but would love to reschedule for soon after the holidays... Maybe even first week of the new year?

Blog Entries

I'm gonna go ahead and say we cancel this. If its already sleeting and almost definitely going to snow I wouldn't feel safe driving at night in those conditions and wouldn't want anyone else to.

Hopefully we can make this happen when the weather is a more cooperative
    μολὼν λαβέ