Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain Better Be Careful

Unhappy McCain Better Be Careful

McCain gaze a speech yesterday when he was awarded the Liberty Medal by the National Constitution Center. The speech was, in the opinions of some people, stirring. Certain People took exception to parts of the speech that may have been aimed at Certain People..

To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain “the last best hope of earth” for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.

We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil. We are the custodians of those ideals at home, and their champion abroad. We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably powerful and wealthy as we did. We have a moral obligation to continue in our just cause, and we would bring more than shame on ourselves if we don’t. We will not thrive in a world where our leadership and ideals are absent. We wouldn’t deserve to

More...

Although McCain did not mention Trump, the President took it personally..

"He was taking shots at you again yesterday," Plante said. "You heard what he said yesterday, Sen. McCain?"

"Yeah, well I hear it. And people have to be careful because at some point I fight back," Trump said. "I'm being very nice. I'm being very, very nice. But at some point I fight back, and it won't be pretty."

More...

Although most people have focused on "spurious nationalism," the "blood and soil" thing was also a jab at Trump.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

I used to respect McCain for his service, but I cannot forgive the disservice he has done as well. He is a just as petty as Trump and he is not the President, plus, he will likely be dead before to long so Trump will likely have the last laugh.

Its clear he stopped being a conservative some time ago, sadly the people of Arizona do not seem to recognize that.

3. Default

I knew an outburst by Trump was inevitable on this situation, proving just how much of a sensitive snowflake he is.

4. Default

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday shot back at President Trump after Trump warned the Arizona Republican that, at some point, the president would "fight back."

"I've faced far greater challenges than this," McCain said, according to a CNN reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I used to respect McCain for his service, but I cannot forgive the disservice he has done as well. He is a just as petty as Trump and he is not the President, plus, he will likely be dead before to long so Trump will likely have the last laugh.

Its clear he stopped being a conservative some time ago, sadly the people of Arizona do not seem to recognize that.
    You're retarded.

All Trump needs to do about McCain is just sit there and wait.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It’s clear that several Republicans never intended to go through with their promises. These idiots need to be removed from office. Hopefully there will be challenges next year to change things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post

You can respect the service he has done and hate the stuff he has done since. I had a lot of respect for Murtha, but I hated him as a congressman.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You can respect the service he has done and hate the stuff he has done since.
    This. I don't care for a lot of stuff he's done over the years but I'm glad he's coming around to his senses. With all these senior Republicans coming out against Trump I have no idea how he'll get any legislation passed. Not even a full year in and already he's a lame duck.

I didn't like McCain in 2008.. I like him even less now.

There are a number of people in politics that just need to go away. McCain has been one of those people for decades now.