Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Cares About Troops More Than Obama

Arrow Trump Cares About Troops More Than Obama

A reporter asked Trump yesterday why Trump had not commented on the US troops killed in Niger on October 4. Trump responded that it just so happened that the letters had been written -- a good leader knows when to use passive voice -- and Trump was planning to mail them last night. Trump added that Obama hardly ever contacted the families of fallen soldiers, which set off all kinds of heated tweets yesterday.

I'm starting to think Trump might have some kind of grudge against Obama.

President Trump said Tuesday that anyone with questions of whether former President Barack Obama called the families of fallen service members can ask White House chief of staff John Kelly if he received a phone call from Obama.

"I think I've called every family of someone who's died," Trump told Fox News radio host Brian Kilmeade. "As far as other representatives, I don't know. You could ask Gen. Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?"

More...
    Trump first claimed Monday his predecessors, including Obama, didn't call the families of service members who are killed in action, but then said he was told Obama "didn't often" make phone calls.

The president, though, said Tuesday he has called "virtually everybody" and said he plans to call the family members of four U.S. soldiers killed in Niger this month.

Trump also said he has written letters to their families, which he will send in the coming days. Trump's comments Monday were the first remarks he made about the deaths, which had occurred Oct. 4. He was asked specifically why he hadn't commented on the deaths, but instead criticized his predecessors for not doing what he does.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

What in the Sam Hill?!!! Another Gold Star family is having a public dispute with Trump. It's not Khizr Khan this time.

The president was reacting to a Florida congresswoman saying the family of Sgt. La David T. Johnson was “astonished” by that remark during a phone call from Trump on Tuesday. Trump said he has “proof” that the conversation did not happen as recounted by Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D.) He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

More...

Did Trump just say that he taped the conversation?

Also, you should Google Sam Hill.

Do you care about anything other than politics? I don't think I've ever seen you have a personal conversation with anyone or start a thread outside of the political folder. What are you hobbies outside of politics?
    ~Player of Inurtia

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    What in the Sam Hill?!!!
    The fact that you say this phrase explains EVERYTHING.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Do you care about anything other than politics? I don't think I've ever seen you have a personal conversation with anyone or start a thread outside of the political folder. What are you hobbies outside of politics?
    On the prowl for some cyber?

ClydeR is Latrin's watered down Stephen Colbert troll account.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

One hobby is enough! You should work and have just one hobby. More than that would be gluttonous.

I hope you didn't think this was over. It's not, not by a long shot. Trump was tweeting about it this morning hours before you woke up.

President Trump on Saturday took fresh aim on Twitter at the “wacky” Florida congresswoman who criticized him over a military condolence call, stoking a controversy that has dogged his presidency for nearly a week, with many questions still unanswered.

The president’s tweet was the latest volley in a White House effort to discredit Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.), a friend of the family of one of four service members killed in an ambush in Niger. And it came on the day that hundreds of people streamed to a church in suburban Fort Lauderdale for the funeral of the soldier, Sgt. La David Johnson.

More...

I can't wait until everything comes out and Wilson gets proven to be full of shit.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I can't wait until everything comes out and Wilson gets proven to be full of shit.
    That really is going to be awesome.