Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: a gleaming crimson eahnor lance

Wait. You'd rather go to court because of your assumption of buyer's remorse? You said there were other bidders. Just take it back and sell it to one of them.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

One more thing...

dex actively tried to resell the lance (in this thread) after the last PM and before the chargeback. Thus one can only conclude that a. he was trying to double his profits or b. he had second thoughts (again) about buying/selling the lance.

Why? Because racecar.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Summary is this, I got back into the game, just recently, after an absence of 20 years.
    Ehhhh

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    Wait. You'd rather go to court because of your assumption of buyer's remorse? You said there were other bidders. Just take it back and sell it to one of them.
    Who the hell wants some shitty +48 lance

Thats what I told him to do. I informed him I would give him a list of the bidders if he wanted to sell to one of them, but after taking bids, accepting payment and transferring item, I dont think its on me to do such.

Why? Because racecar.

Buyer's remorse? My only remorse is that the item isn't +50, and that I'm having to deal with this issue at all, which I'd vastly prefer not to. When I left the game, partial enchants were represented with .5, i.e. 3.5x, 9.5x, etc. A cursory search of the prior sales reveals that this is indeed still a common practice.

Did he inform you he was considering a chargeback? Sounds like a lot of hassle that could be avoided if you just took it back. Standing by your principles to drag this out and make it a whole thing.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

I don't think you can claim you'll accept returns and then "assume buyer's remorse" and refuse. That just sounds like some kind of ex post facto rationalization.

For what it's worth, any time I sell a partial enchant item I always list the +number instead of the enchanting tier. It prevents confusion.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

You should have refunded him when he said he thought it was +50 and not +48 because he just came back from a 20 year break not cuz "this lance is pretty well known"

I recommend that you repoen dialogue with each other and work out a solution that makes both of you just mildly unhappy. This way you both maintain control over the solution rather than having it imposed by some massive, uncaring business bureaucracy whose "solutions" may impose consequences you've both failed to anticipate.

Your COAs? Partial refund to the buyer or recission of the transaction with "restocking fee" to the seller.

Both parties engaged in sub-optimal behavior. Yes there is no 9.5x in gemstone, but it has been applied in practice as a way to delineate partial enchants in this community. The community's expectation is for sellers to be more strict on their descriptions rather than being more favorable. On the other hand, if the buyer did wait two weeks to raise an issue, this lends weight to the "buyer's remorse theory."