Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gemstone Prime HARDCORE: Assessing Interest and Establishing Rules (UNOFFICIAL)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    ... why? Isn't fletching the easiest to exp boost with?
    It's practical application for archers would be my guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    It's practical application for archers would be my guess.
    But why ban the other skills? I'd imagine everyone will be using fletching for a little extra exp, regardless of them being an archer.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

It's about the fun aspect more than the experience aspect. If you give people the opportunity to grind out all different types of forging types and cobbling bullshit they might feel the need to take it. If people want to fletch for a bit of EXP that's fine. Cutting it out may negatively impact a lot of people who want to play archers without really addressing any serious problem.

Like I said, if someone had their hearts dead set on making a master metalsmith HARDCORE character i'd allow it, but otherwise it's just adding tedium to a competition which is supposed to be all about the thrill of hunting with real consequences.
    Last edited by Fallen; 10-05-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    the thrill of hunting with real consequences.
    Ah, hence the deletion stipulation. I get it now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Ah, hence the deletion stipulation. I get it now.
    Yep. I play games like Diablo and Path of Exile exclusively in hardcore mode. I think it adds a ton of investment into your character and changes the dynamic of the game entirely.
    Last edited by Fallen; 10-05-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    It's about the fun aspect more than the experience aspect. If you give people the opportunity to grind out all different types of forging types and cobbling bullshit they might feel the need to take it. If people want to fletch for a bit of EXP that's fine. Cutting it out may negatively impact a lot of people who want to play archers without really addressing any serious problem.

Like I said, if someone had their hearts dead set on making a master metalsmith HARDCORE character i'd allow it, but otherwise it's just adding tedium to a competition which is supposed to be all about the thrill of hunting with real consequences.
    Fair enough. I don't have a dog in the race, I was just curious.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.