Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5-setting perm ring

But 100m+ to get a clue...no thanks.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    That's why I prefaced what I said with "if". Even at 1.2 per (which would be 83k bs), 100m is still less than the ending price in the scrip shop.
    People could also be spooked that I appear to only vaguely know what the fuck I'm doing running a big auction, which is more-or-less true. In retrospect I probably should have consigned it with somebody and started off with direct auctions of smaller items. Regardless I will honor the highest bid, and all activity will be public. If the eventual highest bidder would feel safer completing the transaction through a well-known merchant as an intermediary, I'd be open to that (I'd cover whatever fee that person would charge).

Hello Id like to raise the bid to 104 million on this item

105m
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    I didn't either, until I purchased a 12-setting on a whim a year and change ago. I bought it with the intent to resell it soon afterwards. I still have it and it will leave my hands only when I stop playing Gemstone. It's the single most transformative item I own in terms of affecting how I hunt, rescue, and travel the lands. I use it constantly when I play, and I get a level of utility from it that I receive from no other item.

If you've never owned one, you think you have a clue, but you have no idea.
    I had a 12-setting ring for a while in the early 2000s. It was really convenient and had nice flavor messaging but once the novelty wore off I sold it.

But with the recent teleportation changes I can see them being a lot more useful now. I was going to try and buy one for a while but none were for sale at the time, and then I realized I can just put 2 rings in different containers (set to the same location, just with one being a spare so I won't have to run back to that location to set a new one when the first one gets navved) and make macros for using a ring in each container. Not as flashy or convenient and you have to remember which container has rings for which location, but still a viable ghetto option with the same end result.

I wish they'd release more cross realm stuff. You'd think they would with them loosening up on a lot of travel things over the past couple years. 2 hour boat schedules, 15-20 minute chronomage timers, etc.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-06-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

6. Default

If you've never owned one, you think you have a clue, but you have no idea.

So help me understand because I'm interested, and not opposed to the idea that they're great. Can they be used to get you from WL to Ta'illistim in a couple turns of a ring?

Quote Originally Posted by poison_Owns View Post
    So help me understand because I'm interested, and not opposed to the idea that they're great. Can they be used to get you from WL to Ta'illistim in a couple turns of a ring?
    Pretty sure it would be something like starting town > mine carts > destination town.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Agreed Methais. If not, how much time does it take to make that transport with this ring? WL to Ta'Illistim. I'll simply add the Teras Isle to Landing length.
    Boora's General Store

a gear-marked grey stone edifice with two gears covering the top

Wehnimer's Landing
    Lich ID: 5631
    Map ID: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Pretty sure it would be something like starting town > mine carts > destination town.
    You can ring to a few rooms away from the carts on either side. Then you just ;go2 to the other side, passing through the two carts. Then ring wherever from there. (There is a rumor that one of the carts can be skipped by ringing to/from a certain buggy room in ZL, but I spent hours looking for that room without success. Anyone know?)

Going once (105m SashaFierce)...