Thread: The Playershops Project (UNOFFICIAL)

Blog Entries

Default The Playershops Project (UNOFFICIAL)

NOTE: This is an unofficial player-driven project and is NOT an official announcement. If desired, skip to the bottom of the post for the TL:DR summary.

I am pleased to announce the completion of the Playershop Project!

The culmination of many weeks of effort, the Playershop Project is the automation of the inventory databasing of all 9 shopping districts across Elanthia. Shop listings will be updated roughly once per hour in every town on a perpetual basis. Thanks to the use of Tillmen's Update-playershops script, these databases will be able to be queried using both the Playershops 4.0 and Virilneus's websites:

https://ps.lichproject.org/
    http://www.virilneus.com/shops/

Each town (aside from FWI) will be staffed by a level 16 Free-to-Play Wizard who will remain invisible so as not to appear unresponsive to the general populace or spam the shopping district with unneeded screen scroll. Further, the Wizards are all proficient in Arcane Symbols, so feel free to sell your scrolls without worry of the databases being unable to list their spells (The exception being those pesky Fash'lo'nae's Gift scrolls, sorry!). F2P accounts were used in order to ensure that Playershop inventories remain updated even should I decide to stop actively playing and cancel my accounts. Arrangements have been made so that in the event I am unwilling/unable to keep the Wizards running, others can operate them in my stead.

I first and foremost would like to thank Ondreian's player for writing the script (;shopkeeper) used to keep the Wizards up and running, along with generally being an awesome resource for script related questions. I'd also like to thank both Teclys and Zaximus for each providing me with a few of the Wizards at a reasonable cost. Their Wizards allowed me to hit the ground running and keep the primary shopping districts updated while the rest of the bunch were brought to the proper level.

Get out there and start shopping, people!

TL:DR - All playershop inventories will be updated 24-7 via the Lich and Virilneus's websites from now on barring disconnects and what not.
    Last edited by Fallen; 10-05-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Well, damn, that’s useful. Thanks, Evarin!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Wow, ty
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Fantastic work. This will be hugely helpful.