Thread: Trump dividing America?

Default Trump dividing America?

I voted for the dude, but it's just getting pretty bad. Originally thought it was just liberal bullshit but now .. I honestly don't know. I mean don't you feel like he's trolling the shit out of America (aka throwing gasoline on long taboo issues and fanning the flame of newer issuess... never heard of this kneeling shit till Trump got involved!)

I don't know. I'm still on the fence. But at the very least the question has to come up.

I did not vote for Trump and don't like him but isn't the answer here an obvious 'Yes' to anyone, either side of the aisle? He is a divisive figure... that's a large part of what got him elected. His base wanted a divisive figure, or at least a deviation from a status quo politician. He accomplished that in spades.

I personally think all he did is show how our Politicians are so entrenched in the current system, and deviance from the status quo throws them all into a fucking meltdown.

Story for the past 20-30 years is Republicans/Conservatives are racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. etc. etc.

Story for the past 20-30 years is Democrats/Liberals are not racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. etc. etc.

That's just for the social issues. Could go into the policy issues as well but you get what I'm saying.

I think Trump is an idiot for his continued Twitter activity. He should absolutely rise above it and respect the office he now serves. Someone should just smack him upside his head.

BUT... from a policy perspective... I think he is doing a decent job so far given the discord in Congress.

The fact Democrats/Liberals try to label Trump a racist or anything else is absurd. He's not. Never was for 70 years. Then suddenly put a (R) behind his name and it's all out war. Do I think he acts like an asshole? Sure. Do I think he should act better than he has to respect the office? Definitely. But he's not the person the left tries to make him out to be on social issues. I do blame him though for, as you said, giving ammunition for the corrupt political machine to go to work on him... and for that he is an idiot.

I mainly blame the Republican Party. They showed their desire for power and to retain the status-quo, instead of unite and take the opportunity to do some positive policy work. The Democrats do one thing very well.. they circle together and send out talking points that everyone sticks to... even if it's patently false or misrepresented (one reason I can't stand them at all-but I can respect their political acumen)...

Overall I'm just disgusted with our politicians right now (all of them) and the fact that WE, as a people, continue to let these asshats (not sure on that spelling) divide us.. when in reality.. 90% of us all agree or can discuss rationally the issues facing US as a Nation. /sigh
    Last edited by Shaps; 09-29-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I personally think all he did is show how our Politicians are so entrenched in the current system, and deviance from the status quo throws them all into a fucking meltdown.

Story for the past 20-30 years is Republicans/Conservatives are racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. etc. etc.

Story for the past 20-30 years is Democrats/Liberals are not racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. etc. etc.

That's just for the social issues. Could go into the policy issues as well but you get what I'm saying.

I think Trump is an idiot for his continued Twitter activity. He should absolutely rise above it and respect the office he now serves. Someone should just smack him upside his head.

BUT... from a policy perspective... I think he is doing a decent job so far given the discord in Congress.

The fact Democrats/Liberals try to label Trump a racist or anything else is absurd. He's not. Never was for 70 years. Then suddenly put a (R) behind his name and it's all out war. Do I think he acts like an asshole? Sure. Do I think he should act better than he has to respect the office? Definitely. But he's not the person the left tries to make him out to be on social issues. I do blame him though for, as you said, giving ammunition for the corrupt political machine to go to work on him... and for that he is an idiot.

I mainly blame the Republican Party. They showed their desire for power and to retain the status-quo, instead of unite and take the opportunity to do some positive policy work. The Democrats do one thing very well.. they circle together and send out talking points that everyone sticks to... even if it's patently false or misrepresented (one reason I can't stand them at all-but I can respect their political acumen)...

Overall I'm just disgusted with our politicians right now (all of them) and the fact that WE, as a people, continue to let these asshats (not sure on that spelling) divide us.. when in reality.. 90% of us all agree or can discuss rationally the issues facing US as a Nation. /sigh
    I agree with most of this, but there's that old saying, "it takes a thief to catch a thief." And in that sense, I would've preferred Hillary, because yeah she's a fucking bitch BUT she's the King Bitch and can at the very least corral the other little shits to do something/anything.

Trump currently has done absolutely nothing on the policy front. A single shovel has yet to hit the ground for the wall (although this wall was to be started within the first 100 days in office). This is the third strike for Healthcare repeal and replace, Obamacare is still law of the land. Wall Street regulations is actually going opposite of what he said he'll do on the campaign trail. He's relaxing a ton of Wall street regulatory oversight that even the Federal Reserve is scared and going "um, don't you think that's a bit too much?" And of course this new Tax bill proposal which is "for the middle class" is a giant fucking TRIPLE tax cut for the top 2% of the country, I chuckled hard and seriously thought this was some kind of prank when the bill first came out.

Trump thus far is a failure. But, I'm still holding out for something...anything.