Thread: Suggested/Useful Scripts?

1. Default Suggested/Useful Scripts?

After 5 hours of tirelessly working at scripting in VIP MUD (accessible client for the blind) and I've finally managed to clean up/suppress the junk XML output I was getting when connecting via Lich. I've got a few random bits of XML still popping up in the 'PROFILE' and a niggling error that seems to randomly pop up when standing in a crowded TSC, but the core interactions are fine. I can even tell when things in the room are monster bolded now, where as I couldn't before.

So, I'm finally able to actually use Lich.

But I find myself having no clue on what scripts are useful, bar the ones that get talked about a lot in passing (sloot, bigshot, go2, etc.)

So:
    - What scripts do you use? What's the most helpful?

Keep in mind:
    - I am blind IRL, so I cannot consult graphical maps. I really want to, say, get a bounty for 'lesser red orcs' in Landing and be able to use go2 to go to where they spawn without needing a map, if that's possible.
    - Addendum to the above is that I'd rather not use auto-hunt scripts, as I fear I'd not be able to keep up with the screen scroll and thus would miss a script check despite being at the screen. Other QOL scripts would be amazing, though.
    - I have a Bard, a Monk and a Sorcerer currently.

It's great that you can use just the base lich, because go2 really is a game changer by itself. That being said, if any of your characters use UAC to hunt, ;combo is a good script. There's no graphical UI, you essentially just run it and it asks what UAC attack (punch/jab/kick/grapple) you want to use when you "tier up". I think it requires one other input (I forget). Once you've done that, you just type ;combo and the script will punch, kick and jab the critter till the critter is dead. I wouldn't necessarily call it an auto hunt script because it's only killing one creature at a time. That being said, if you still consider that an auto hunt script then don't use it. Same could be said for ;bigshot quick. While ;bigshot is definitely an auto hunt script, ;bigshot quick only kills one critter at a time and can auto loot the critter for you as well, but will stop when that critter is dead and searched. ;bigshot quick does not move you from room to room. I'm not sure about a script that would necessarily get you to lesser red orcs, but when you're there, you can use ;wander or ;wander orc or ;wander lesser red orc and the script will walk you around until it finds an orc or lesser red orc, depending on what you tell it. However, you generally have to set boundaries as well. So if you didn't want the script to take you past a certain room, you'd have to use ;wander add <<room#>> and that creates a boundary room that the script won't take you past. Without being sighted or using the help from your sighted spouse, not sure how you'd know which rooms to set for boundaries.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    It's great that you can use just the base lich, because go2 really is a game changer by itself. That being said, if any of your characters use UAC to hunt, ;combo is a good script. There's no graphical UI, you essentially just run it and it asks what UAC attack (punch/jab/kick/grapple) you want to use when you "tier up". I think it requires one other input (I forget). Once you've done that, you just type ;combo and the script will punch, kick and jab the critter till the critter is dead. I wouldn't necessarily call it an auto hunt script because it's only killing one creature at a time. That being said, if you still consider that an auto hunt script then don't use it. Same could be said for ;bigshot quick. While ;bigshot is definitely an auto hunt script, ;bigshot quick only kills one critter at a time and can auto loot the critter for you as well, but will stop when that critter is dead and searched. ;bigshot quick does not move you from room to room. I'm not sure about a script that would necessarily get you to lesser red orcs, but when you're there, you can use ;wander or ;wander orc or ;wander lesser red orc and the script will walk you around until it finds an orc or lesser red orc, depending on what you tell it. However, you generally have to set boundaries as well. So if you didn't want the script to take you past a certain room, you'd have to use ;wander add <<room#>> and that creates a boundary room that the script won't take you past. Without being sighted or using the help from your sighted spouse, not sure how you'd know which rooms to set for boundaries.

Great info - thanks!

I had no idea ;bigshot had a 'quik' option. ;Combo sounds useful, too. I could probably handle a script that just kills one at a time, so I may try them out.

Do they do stance dancing as well or do they just power through things?

I had also heard about ;wander and had no idea it required setup for keeping within boundaries. I suppose for some areas with definite boundaries it would be alright.

My issue is there are a lot of things where I get the bounty for them - lesser red orcs, for example - and I have no idea where they spawn. The guild does indicate the general area, but I have no idea where in the Coastal Cliffs these things spawn. Wasn't sure if there may be a way to figure these things out with a Lich script. I do have ';bestiary'.

I suppose with access to ;lnet now I'll have easier access to ask for help in getting room numbers.

I'm super happy I was able to get this up and running prior to EG. I was able to do a sort of crude mapping of the grounds with VIP MUD's scripting language (basically to/from directions to each shop from the entrance) before, but it's probably a lot easier with ;go2.

Blog Entries

I started this list some time ago and tried to keep it updated, but it could probably do with some more recent additions: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...-Regularly-Use

SpiffyJr recently returned, so many of his original scripts that were out of date have since been updated. Searching by author for him would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Fallen; 09-25-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites