Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Sometimes I have to remind myself that almost half of our country is of below-average intelligence.

That really helps me cope with the state of our Republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Sometimes I have to remind myself that almost half of our country is of below-average intelligence.

That really helps me cope with the state of our Republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, there were a lot of Hillary voters.

3. Default

That really helps me cope with the state of our Oligarchy.

I think you're being generous when you say it's "almost half". I figure it's closer to 3/4. Ask yourself this, on any given day, do you think your chances of encountering an idiot at some point during the day are less than 50/50, just 50/50, or over 50/50? Now, I live in Florida, so maybe I'm at a disadvantage because of the people that live in this state, but I'd say my chances are always over 50/50 that I'm going to encounter an idiot in my normal daily life.
    Last edited by Viekn; 10-18-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    I think you're being generous when you say it's "almost half". I figure it's closer to 3/4. Ask yourself this, on any given day, do you think your chances of encountering an idiot at some point during the day are less than 50/50, just 50/50, or over 50/50? Now, I live in Florida, so maybe I'm at a disadvantage because of the people that live in this state, but I'd say my chances are always over 50/50 that I'm going to encounter an idiot in my normal daily life.
    I'd say 99% of the people in Florida are braindead, so that is special for you.

6. Default

Kneel in protest: They're disrespecting the flag and insulting all the troops that died for our country!

Waving around confederate and nazi flags, shouting nazi slogans: They're just exercising their freedom of speech!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Oh look, somebody who is still acting like this has been rich people protesting for themselves rather than rich people using their fame and visibility in society in order to protest for people who don't have that kind of voice and then dismissing them with a casual "like they're oppressed, pfft, they're rich!"

How shocking.
    I wonder how often they go to places like the shitty neighborhoods they grew up in and do shit that directly improves the quality of life for the people still stuck in the NFL player's former shithole and things like that, as opposed to just grandstanding on TV and social media while otherwise doing little to nothing for the people they claim to represent.

Asking because I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone here that knows these things could chime in!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

There are a lot of NFL players that are active in community outreach/engagement programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Oh look, somebody who is still acting like this has been rich people protesting for themselves rather than rich people using their fame and visibility in society in order to protest for people who don't have that kind of voice and then dismissing them with a casual "like they're oppressed, pfft, they're rich!"

How shocking.
    So, wait, these black millionaires AREN'T oppressed in this country? How can one make a statement like "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" when you yourself aren't oppressed? None of the people on the sidelines kneeling with you are oppressed?

Yeah. This has always been about racist bullshit and hatred for our flag and country on Colin's part. It wasn't until after Trump got involved that Democrats went into damage mode and started making shit up about what these protests were "Really" about.

"It's not about disrespecting our flag! It's about blacks and people of color being oppressed in this country!" Except the ring leader's own words says it's specifically about the flag. And you yourself just got finished saying the people taking part in this (largely black people) are not oppressed.

But it's cool, Tenlaar. I'm used to you just ignoring what people say and arriving at your own biased and uneducated conclusions anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Kneel in protest: They're disrespecting the flag and insulting all the troops that died for our country!

Waving around confederate and nazi flags, shouting nazi slogans: They're just exercising their freedom of speech!
    Dumb.

First of all in all instances they ARE exercising their freedom of speech. Secondly if these players were instead waving around confederate or Nazi flags during the anthem or shouting Nazi slogans during the anthem then I would think they were being disrespectful too.

These players should be doing something productive about this issue they supposedly care so much about during their off time. But who has time for stupid causes like supposed racial injustice when you got millions of dollars a year to spend?