Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Looks like the NFL said no more kneeling. Lets see how this turns out.
    Money talks and bullshit walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    You're losing harder than anyone else. The right is blowing their chance and demonstrating that they can't govern, even with control over all three branches of government. Meanwhile, demographics get less and less white with each passing year. Know what that means, don'tcha? That thing you fear most.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 10-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

Goodell's memo to teams:

"We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.

"I'm very proud of our players and owners who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to address the underlying issues within their communities. At our September committee meetings, we heard directly from several players about why these issues are so important to them and how we can support their work. And last week, we met with the leadership of the NFLPA and more players to advance the dialogue.

"Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.

"Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week's League meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country. We want to ensure that any work at the League level is consistent with the work that each club is doing in its own community, and that we dedicate a platform that can enable these initiatives to succeed. Additionally, we will continue the unprecedented dialogue with our players.

"I expect and look forward to a full and open discussion of these issues when we meet next week in New York. Everyone involved in the game needs to come together on a path forward to continue to be a force for good within our communities, protect the game, and preserve our relationship with fans throughout the country. The NFL is at its best when we ourselves are unified. In that spirit, let's resolve that next week we will meet this challenge in a unified and positive way."
    You might say, "Well, he's not forcing anyone to stand. They can still protest despite this 'memo'". And that's true. Sort of. For now. Players can be disciplined for conduct detrimental to the league and/or team. Looks like they're putting in the groundwork for that. I'm not sure how necessary that even is in order to make such a judgement, but there it is. Jerry Jones also said this week that he would bench players being 'disrespectful' to the flag.

Going forward, I think we can begin to expect to see players facing conduct discipline if this anthem stuff continues.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ational-anthem

Goodell's memo to teams:

You might say, "Well, he's not forcing anyone to stand. They can still protest despite this 'memo'". And that's true. Sort of. For now. Players can be disciplined for conduct detrimental to the league and/or team. Looks like they're putting in the groundwork for that. I'm not sure how necessary that even is in order to make such a judgement, but there it is. Jerry Jones also said this week that he would bench players being 'disrespectful' to the flag.

Going forward, I think we can begin to expect to see players facing conduct discipline if this anthem stuff continues.
    I'm curious what Jerry Jones would do if Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot both knelt though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-10-2017 at 05:18 PM.

I'm curious what Jerry Jones would do if Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot both knelt though.
    As a NY Giant fan (as painful as that has been lately) I hope they do.. and Jerry follows through with his threats.

He said it this Sunday. Not sure if it was before or after the game. I'd assume before, but I dunno. Also don't know who, if any, decided to take a knee, but both Dak and Zeke played.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    As a NY Giant fan (as painful as that has been lately) I hope they do.. and Jerry follows through with his threats.
    The Cowboys could play with their entire second and third string units and probably wipe out the receiver-less Giants this year.
    Last edited by subzero; 10-10-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Do the Giants even have any Wide Receivers left?

Do the Giants even have any Wide Receivers left?
    They've got a couple ball boys and maybe can convert a TE or two?

9. Default

I am not going to NFL games this year - I am expressing my views with my wallet. When these morons stop kneeling before the flag during the National Anthem, perhaps I'll start going to NFL games again. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I am not going to NFL games this year - I am expressing my views with my wallet. When these morons stop kneeling before the flag during the National Anthem, perhaps I'll start going to NFL games again. Maybe.
    Lol like you went to any anyway. Stay away, fascist. The nfl doesn't need you.