Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Serious question, Ashliana: Why is it bad for me to make fun of you because you are gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What's the deal with gay people's obsession with "Nuh uh, you're only calling me gay because you're secretly gay!" as their go to response? Asking with a straight face (no pun intended) because it seriously never made any sense.
    There's a longstanding trend of conservative men who constantly talk about homosexuality being revealed as self-repressed (or simply hypocritical) men in the closet. It's a cliche at this point. Is every frothingly anti-gay conservative bigot a closeted hypocrite? No. Does the accusation trigger conservative snowflakes? You betcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    Going by that logic, wouldn't that mean you are a closeted white supremacist, racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe, etc. along with every other -ist and -phobe you label people as? If not, what makes it so different? What's the logical difference? Emphasis on logical as opposed to emotional.
    There's probably different "mechanics" going on in the minds of those people, but sure, sometimes. Plenty of people who accuse other people of racism/prejudice/etc., are racist and prejudiced themselves. Is their racism/etc actually fueling their crusade against racism? Well, I suppose you could make the argument, though it isn't particularly convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What's the deal with gay people's obsession with "Nuh uh, you're only calling me gay because you're secretly gay!" as their go to response? Asking with a straight face (no pun intended) because it seriously never made any sense.

Going by that logic, wouldn't that mean you are a closeted white supremacist, racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe, etc. along with every other -ist and -phobe you label people as? If not, what makes it so different? What's the logical difference? Emphasis on logical as opposed to emotional.
    Logic was time4fun's forte and expertise... she taught logic for fuck sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Serious question, Ashliana: Why is it bad for me to make fun of you because you are gay?
    That's a pretty deep question, and one that probably reveals more about you for asking it than any potential answer I could come up with. That being said, there's a reason why you consistently try to derail every conversation we're in back to these issues: your inability to actually engage on any given topic without embarrassing yourself with how poorly reasoned your positions are, and the underlying animus that motivated you to leave those years of messages to various people to begin with.

You've left me vitriolic anti-age comments for years. Using your flawed logic, that must mean you must wish you were an old man?

It makes no sense. You can't cry about someone calling you a fag... and in the same post calling them a dinosaur or born in 1940. It doesn't help you playing the victim role... sorry.

As pointed out... your logic is as flawed and retarded. Stop being that "guy".

You made calling me being gay as an insult.

You are the worst kind of homosexual.

The worst.
    But are you a dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    That's a pretty deep question, and one that probably reveals more about you for asking it than any potential answer I could come up with. That being said, there's a reason why you consistently try to derail every conversation we're in back to these issues: your inability to actually engage on any given topic without embarrassing yourself with how poorly reasoned your positions are, and the underlying animus that motivated you to leave those years of messages to various people to begin with.

That answer says more about you than anything else to be honest...

Let's try again... Here, I'll bold, underline and italics it so you know I'm serious:

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    But are you a dinosaur?
    Is that a comment about my age or my freakishly short arms?

WELL!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I think that's the first time you've made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit
    That answer says more about you than anything else to be honest...

Let's try again... Here, I'll bold, underline and italics it so you know I'm serious:
    Do you ever do anything besides shitpost?
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-27-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Do you ever do anything besides shitpost?
    It's a very simple question, asked in a very serious manner.

What are you so afraid of by answering it?

It can't be that you realize what a flaming hypocritical douchebag you are... you haven't had that clarity of thought ever.

So what is it?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-27-2017 at 03:27 PM.