Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    but Trump is not doing anything to elevate the Office of the President. He's lowering it.
    I don't always agree with PB but when I do it's because i'm right. Yes, I'd still take Trump over a Clinton but at this point, considering Trump's piss poor behavior, I'm finding myself actually missing Obama. I may not have agreed with everything he did but at least he acted like a respected leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No.

Democrats were proud when Obama was bashing the police, Christians, our country, and campaigning and supporting a presidential candidate more than any US president in history, because those are all things Democrats love and cherish.

I'm going to be proud when Trump calls out the bullshit happening in this country that I agree with him on as well and I'm not going to hold him to a higher standard than Democrats held Obama to.
    Please, by all means, point out where Obama "bashed the police."

Obama, in reality, criticized Black Lives Matter (for which they resented him), repeatedly / defended / police and urged calm and restraint on both sides.

Similarly, please point out where Obama ever "bashed Christians" -- considering he's a Christian -- and "our country."

You literally voted -- and continunously serve up half-baked apologetics -- for someone whose campaign and family knowingly conspired with the Russian government. You don't get to call someone else's patriotism into question without being appropriately called out as a totally deluded imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Please, by all means, point out where Obama "bashed the police."

Obama, in reality, criticized Black Lives Matter (for which they resented him), repeatedly / defended / police and urged calm and restraint on both sides.

Similarly, please point out where Obama ever "bashed Christians" -- considering he's a Christian -- and "our country."

You literally voted -- and continunously serve up half-baked apologetics -- for someone whose campaign and family knowingly conspired with the Russian government. You don't get to call someone else's patriotism into question without being appropriately called out as a totally deluded imbecile.
    I'm sorry you're so retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I'm sorry you're so retarded.
    I'm sorry that, month after month, you still can't scrounge your dumpster fire of a brain for an actual independent thought. Let me know when you become able to articulate your own opinions rather than recycling Breitbart's, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    It's now at over 20 tweets since Saturday about this. Calling for boycots of the NFL. Calling for people to be fired. That you would try to act like Obama in any way acted anything even remotely like this just shows how detached from reality your adoration of Trump is.
    So an NFL player can kneel and gain media attention for an opinion but the President can't gain media attention for an opinion...

I love the double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    I'm amused you think a) that I'm angry about this at all, b) that your insults will rile me up, c) that I'd like to invent a reason to be additionally mad at Trump, and d) that you think I don't know how "son of a bitch" is actually used by most people.

Anyway, you can continue living in denial about how those NFL players interpreted Trump's words. Sorry for intruding on your bubble.
    Do you think those NFL players are really so stupid that they genuinely took "son of a bitch" literally? Or is it just more faux outrage, which is all the rage these days?

It can't be both, and it can't be neither.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    The point you make is legitimate and that is the main problem. Our politics have become a "he said, she said" and that is a dangerous landscape to be in. The president regardless of whoever they are serves the greater good and has to transcend party lines once in power because his or her constituency becomes everyone and when both sides are self serving it creates the ripples in our communities we have. I get that out POTUS will have to lean one way or the other but overall the system has been skewing too much to each parties hard lines and has created a divisive nation, albeit because we allowed it to
    I blame social media.

I see what you did there heheheh
    Twitter: A place for twits
    Twatter: A place for twats
    Last edited by Methais; 09-26-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    I'm sorry that, month after month, you still can't scrounge your dumpster fire of a brain for an actual independent thought. Let me know when you become able to articulate your own opinions rather than recycling Breitbart's, though.
    Lol @your rep

By this logic I think it's safe to say that the NFL players weren't kneeling in protest, they were kneeling in honor of the flag.

There's only one thing we should be kneeling before anyway...
    Last edited by Methais; 09-26-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Lol @your rep
    Thanks for, once again, proving my point. Couldn't do it without your eager, willing and predictable stupidity.