Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    They're protesting inequity and injustice.
    And that's exactly why the protest is bullshit. It's like those idiots who march against institutionalized racism, then you ask them what specifically are they referring to and they just say "You know, the racism, that's out there. It exists. If you don't get it it's because you're white." Or my favorite is when a black person says "It ain't MY job to educate you why you're racist! You're supposed to figure that shit out on your own."

If these protests had a specific issue they were drawing light to I might not give as much shit about. But when you literally just make something up and "protest" against it you're "justified" (in your own mind) to protest it forever because there is no way to ever fix the thing you just made up in your head.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And that's exactly why the protest is bullshit. It's like those idiots who march against institutionalized racism, then you ask them what specifically are they referring to and they just say "You know, the racism, that's out there. It exists. If you don't get it it's because you're white." Or my favorite is when a black person says "It ain't MY job to educate you why you're racist! You're supposed to figure that shit out on your own."

If these protests had a specific issue they were drawing light to I might not give as much shit about. But when you literally just make something up and "protest" against it you're "justified" (in your own mind) to protest it forever because there is no way to ever fix the thing you just made up in your head.
    I don't necessarily agree with them. I agree with their ability to express their opinion, as well as anyone else. And before someone else comes in and says "YEA BUT WHAT ABOUT THEM BEING ON THE JOB!" most of the owners in the NFL have come out in support of their players' ability to freely express their point of view.

Ya'll need to give up on thinking this is about disrespecting the flag, or the country, or the national anthem. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech.
    Last edited by tyrant-201; 09-25-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

most of the owners in the NFL have come out in support of their players' ability to freely express their point of view.
    Yeah right. I wonder how long a player would last if during the anthem he held up a sign reading "FUCK BLACK LIVES MATTER."

What the NFL owners have come out in "support" of is their players being able to freely express themselves...as long as it's the narrative the left currently is comfortable with.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-25-2017 at 01:06 AM.

4. Default

Ya'll need to give up on thinking this is about disrespecting the flag, or the country, or the national anthem. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech.
    Yeah, but I also have the right to state my opinion regarding other folks opinions - that is also freedom of speech. And if you kneel before the flag during the national anthem, you are showing disrespect to the flag. Duh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Yeah, but I also have the right to state my opinion regarding other folks opinions - that is also freedom of speech. And if you kneel before the flag during the national anthem, you are showing disrespect to the flag. Duh.
    I never said you didn't have that right?

I've never been one to put much stock in tradition or symbolic gestures. I think how you conduct yourself, as an American and a person, is a lot more important than showing deference to a song or a flag.

Clearly in the age of micro-aggression and the media amplifying and overplaying stories, this is an important issue. We'll all get along fine whether or not a few athletes decide to stand for the anthem or not. And I will personally continue to watch the sport, because I learned long ago that I didn't need to agree politically with the people who provide entertainment.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

And I will personally continue to watch the sport, because I learned long ago that I didn't need to agree politically with the people who provide entertainment.
    I agree, I don't care about someone's political views. But the media and Hollywood (and now sports teams at large apparently) have lost their collective shit since Trump won the election and have kicked this political shit up to 11.

Look at Stephen Colbert, he's not just doing "funny" skits making fun of Republicans anymore, he straight up gets in front of a camera and tells Trump to fuck off.

What about Joss Whedon, no longer is he a great producer who happens to believe a woman should be able to abort her baby all the way up to the minute before the baby is born, he now just constantly tells Trump and all of his supporters that they are nothing but racist pieces of garbage.

And finally the NFL. No longer are they millionaires who beat their wives, girlfriends, and run illegal dog fighting rings, but now they are disrespecting our nation, our police, our military, and using the tradition of being invited to the White House to further their pathetic political ideology. Fuck'em.

Keep crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I'm not making a logical argument
    I'm glad you finally decided to start being honest.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-25-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Blog Entries

most owners supporting players versus all owners supporting players are two different things. But hell they can do whatever they want if their code of conduct or whatever PA bylaws allows them. My employee could shit can me if they wanted to for doing the same thing but that's built in to their corporate policy and I signed their handbook saying I would abide, freedom of speech or not they can fire me with cause.

If these cats are free to kneel they are free to kneel. I mean hell they can get DUIs and smoke pot and beat women and may get suspended on a case by case basis so I have a feeling they have some wiggle room for being douches during the anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Stfu candork.