Page 62 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    “Once again, I’m not anti-American. I love America. I love people. That’s why I’m doing this. I want to help make America better. I think having these conversations helps everybody have a better understanding of where everybody is coming from.” “Things have happened in Louisiana and the injustices that are happening could have happened to one of my family members,” said Reid, who is from Baton Rouge, La. “It touched close to home and I just wanted to show my support to him and let him know that he is not the only person who feels the way that he feels."[/url]

September 2016.

The king stay the king. /splint
    So in an effort to prove this wasn't about Colin hating the American flag and our national anthem you quoted him...not talking about the American flag or the national anthem. The strange part is in your mind you just made a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So in an effort to prove this wasn't about Colin hating the American flag and our national anthem you quoted him...not talking about the American flag or the national anthem. The strange part is in your mind you just made a good point.
    lol

You: "This has always been about racist bullshit and hatred for our flag and country on Colin's part."
    You: "This has always been about racist bullshit and hatred for our flag and country on Colin's part."

But let's pretend you never said country, why not. Here's one from August 2016 where he explicitly explains that he's not acting out of hate of the flag:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

This is the part where if you were arguing in good faith you would reconsider whether you should trust the people who told you Colin Kaepernick hated America or hated the flag or never declared a specific position.

But you won't.

Because you're not.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

lol

But let's pretend you never said country, why not. Here's one from August 2016 where he explicitly explains that he's not acting out of hate of the flag:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

This is the part where if you were arguing in good faith you would reconsider whether you should trust the people who told you Colin Kaepernick hated America or hated the flag or never declared a specific position.

But you won't.

Because you're not.
    So you admit he hates the flag and he's disrespecting the flag because it represents a COUNTRY that is inherently racist. Glad to see you finally found a modicum of sense. Let's see if we can keep this going.

Blog Entries

Just for the record, racism doesn't exist in our legal system. Extreme classimsm does though, which is disproportionately black.

Blog Entries

And so, by analogy, the justice system wouldn't arrest people if it didn't suit their bias; in other words, they wouldn't arrest white people as much. I knew we could get there! Good job drauz.
    No, that doesn't follow. It could be a reason, but its unlikely. The more likely scenario is that more black people are committing crimes, for a reason currently in debate.

How much more? How will we be able to tell until the next magic comes along? Fingerprinting used to be magic too, you know. Ballistics, tox screens, heck, anything involving a microscope... all of this stuff was around when death row inmates were a 50/50 proposition.
    As you said this has nothing to do about race, so I am uninterested in this conversation.

Quote me

We know that police caused the deaths in each case, which makes every one relevant to the question of institutional racism,
    which is what we were talking about.

I already have, repeatedly.
    No, you haven't. You may think you have, but you haven't.
    Last edited by drauz; 10-18-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I figured that much, but I was more curious about what specifically they're doing to help out said communities. Just being "part of the program" could mean anything. Like providing free nut rags to the local youth to fap with for all I know. Not that isn't a worthy cause or anything though.
    That's about it, really. They'll hand out stuff during the holidays, do some presentation type of things at a school or two, and some might help fund and occasionally show up at youth sporting events/centers.

the justice system wouldn't arrest people if it didn't suit their bias; in other words, they wouldn't arrest white people as much.
    I would love more than anything for you to go out and test your little theory. Let's see how many crimes they ignore Latrin commit because White Power!
    Last edited by subzero; 10-18-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Just for the record, racism doesn't exist in our legal system. Extreme classimsm does though, which is disproportionately black.
    Yes but they have Morgan Freeman.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yes but they have Morgan Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So you admit he hates the flag and he's disrespecting the flag because it represents a COUNTRY that is inherently racist. Glad to see you finally found a modicum of sense. Let's see if we can keep this going.
    I admit that you can't read. The thing is, there's no "we" here. I know you aren't engaging in independent thought here, and so my demonstrating how your claims (no matter how often you change them) have no bearing on reality will have no impact on you. It's for the People.
    Quote Originally Posted by drauz
    No, that doesn't follow. It could be a reason, but its unlikely. The more likely scenario is that more black people are committing crimes, for a reason currently in debate.
    And yet if NBC said 'the more likely scenario is that reality has a liberal bias,' you would give us the same blunt dismissal as everything else you already decided you disagree with. You were so close! I can live with that.
    Quote me
    Your claim was that I "suggested that there was wide spread racism throughout an institution." You don't even realize you're doing it. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I would love more than anything for you to go out and test your little theory. Let's see how many crimes they ignore Latrin commit because White Power!
    Nice try, cop.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I admit that you can't read. The thing is, there's no "we" here. I know you aren't engaging in independent thought here, and so my demonstrating how your claims (no matter how often you change them) have no bearing on reality will have no impact on you. It's for the People.And yet if NBC said 'the more likely scenario is that reality has a liberal bias,' you would give us the same blunt dismissal as everything else you already decided you disagree with. You were so close! I can live with that.Your claim was that I "suggested that there was wide spread racism throughout an institution." You don't even realize you're doing it. Oh well.Nice try, cop.
    Oh yeah well how dumb does someone have to be to type all that out to someone that they know can't read?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible