Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's possible, I wouldn't mind seeing some specifics though.

I would love to see the government do a better job at helping poorer communities; better schooling, better job opportunities, tackling gang problems.

The trouble is these don't get people reelected as well as claiming your opponent hates you because you're black.
    30 years of electing Democrats hasn't worked (and actually made the communities worse) but lets try 30 more!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    You are pointing towards racism without backing it up. Back it up and you might get less "outrage". I could assert it's because they have higher thetan levels, just so long as I don't have to back it up. That doesn't mean it's true.

Sure it's possible it's racism but I've pointed to another reason that I can backup. Can you? I've actually thought about this a lot with it being the hot button issue for the last two years. I'm not just pulling reasons out of my ass.
    I could supply studies, articles, books, and testimony that endemic racism is alive and well in the U.S. but that's not going to change your mind. Nothing will. Any effort to alleviate your ignorance would be futile because your mind is already made up.

Besides, I'm under no obligation to change your mind, as you have no obligation to change mine. I'm comfortable with that status quo.

I think many whites suffer from a kind of weariness of always feeling wrong-footed when it comes to race issues so I cannot fault anyone for wanting to blame things like poverty, or family values, etc. for the disparities we see between the races. It's just unfortunate that we want to blame anything but race as the root problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

30 years of electing Democrats hasn't worked (and actually made the communities worse) but lets try 30 more!
    Let's not get carried away...
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's possible, I wouldn't mind seeing some specifics though.

I would love to see the government do a better job at helping poorer communities; better schooling, better job opportunities, tackling gang problems.

The trouble is these don't get people reelected as well as claiming your opponent hates you because you're black.
    I couldn't agree more.
    I like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Once again with the sweeping generalizations. Anyway, let me ask you too...why do you suppose the black crime rate is so high? Because all I'm seeing is people implying that there is nothing that could possibly point to racism as an underlying cause. What I am seeing however, is a lot of outrage at the simple assertion that perhaps there is some inequity at work in our society that is contributing to black crime statistics.
    I'm not outraged about anything. As far as why black crime rate is high... maybe it's because they've chosen to commit crimes? Being black doesn't make one commit a crime nor does being poor. A person's action determines that. If you're asking me to identify why they choose to commit these crimes, I can't answer that. I'd say there are likely a lot of things that factor in to it. Maybe there is a cultural, sort of "Fuck the police/white man", mentality at play. Maybe not.

I don't think we can simply blame it on economics or racism, though. Again, there are a fuckload of poor people from all ethnicities. Do you really believe that there are an equal number of people from each race committing crimes and racist cops (cause all police are white and have white leaders, right?) are so prevalent that they're able to simply choose to arrest black people at a much higher rate than the others? Shit, maybe I ought to start looting things and whatnot. I guess the cops will just ignore me because I'm white?

Here's a little story, perhaps not totally relevant, but interesting nonetheless. The place my grandfather worked was sort of near 'the hood'. He had a black co-worker who lived literally less than two blocks away from work, but he always got a ride from my grandfather to and from work. My grandfather was curious why someone who lived so close always wanted a ride to and from work, so he told the guy he didn't mind, but that he wondered why this was. The answer? "Those niggers will rob or kill me".

It's not always about race. Some people are just fucking low-life assholes that will commit whatever crime they want on whoever they feel they can do it to.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

While I don't agree with all your points, that's a good post, sub.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

I'm going to bed. You bastards have worn me out.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisk4fun View Post
    I could supply studies, articles, books, and testimony that endemic racism is alive and well in the U.S. but that's not going to change your mind. Nothing will. Any effort to alleviate your ignorance would be futile because your mind is already made up.

Besides, I'm under no obligation to change your mind, as you have no obligation to change mine. I'm comfortable with that status quo.

I think many whites suffer from a kind of weariness of always feeling wrong-footed when it comes to race issues so I cannot fault anyone for wanting to blame things like poverty, or family values, etc. for the disparities we see between the races. It's just unfortunate that we want to blame anything but race as the root problem
    I don't think racism isn't real. I just don't think it's the root problem anymore. What we are seeing could be the remnants of racism, but I don't think the country as a whole has racist laws or treat black people worse.

It's unfortunate that you blame race and nothing else as the main problem.
    Last edited by drauz; 10-12-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I blame Skittles. There just isn't enough difference in the colors/flavors. /rage
    Protip: If you eat Skittles and M&Ms at the same time it will change your life.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

I don't think racism isn't real. I just don't think it's the root problem anymore. What we are seeing could be the remnants of racism, but I don't think the country as a whole has racist laws or treat black people worse.

It's unfortunate that you blame race and nothing else as the main problem.
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to downplay and dismiss the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to denial!
    I like penis.