Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I blame Skittles. There just isn't enough difference in the colors/flavors. /rage
    Protip: If you eat Skittles and M&Ms at the same time it will change your life.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I don't think racism isn't real. I just don't think it's the root problem anymore. What we are seeing could be the remnants of racism, but I don't think the country as a whole has racist laws or treat black people worse.

It's unfortunate that you blame race and nothing else as the main problem.
    Last edited by Necro; 10-12-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't think racism isn't real. I just don't think it's the root problem anymore. What we are seeing could be the remnants of racism, but I don't think the country as a whole has racist laws or treat black people worse.

It's unfortunate that you blame race and nothing else as the main problem.
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to downplay and dismiss the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to denial!
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Oh do shut up. It's not racist to question assumptions.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Trump sits, talks through song lowering the flag at military base amid NFL anthem controversy

President Trump sat and talked through the nightly playing of "Retreat" as the American flag was lowered on a Pennsylvania Air National Guard base during his interview with Sean Hannity.
    Trump, who has been criticizing NFL players who kneel through the national anthem to protest racism, seemed caught off-guard by loudspeakers playing "Retreat." The song is played every night at military bases to signal the American flag being lowered and the end of the official duty day.

Military site Task and Purpose was the first to notice Trump sitting during the song. According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

Trump not only does not stand or place his hand over his heart, but instead talks through the song and assumes it's being played to honor him or Hannity.
    People watching the rally can be seen standing for the song in the background of Trump's interview but Trump seems to not know what the song means.
    "Are they playing that for you or for me?" Trump joked to Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Trump sits, talks through song lowering the flag at military base amid NFL anthem controversy

President Trump sat and talked through the nightly playing of "Retreat" as the American flag was lowered on a Pennsylvania Air National Guard base during his interview with Sean Hannity.
    Trump, who has been criticizing NFL players who kneel through the national anthem to protest racism, seemed caught off-guard by loudspeakers playing "Retreat." The song is played every night at military bases to signal the American flag being lowered and the end of the official duty day.

Military site Task and Purpose was the first to notice Trump sitting during the song. According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

Trump not only does not stand or place his hand over his heart, but instead talks through the song and assumes it's being played to honor him or Hannity.
    People watching the rally can be seen standing for the song in the background of Trump's interview but Trump seems to not know what the song means.
    "Are they playing that for you or for me?" Trump joked to Hannity.
    I remember scrambling to the chow hall trying to avoid standing out there during 5 pm retreat. Fun times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to downplay and dismiss the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to denial!
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to up play and exasperate the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to incitement!

Blog Entries

exasperate the problem
    Exacerbate.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/album.php...achmentid=8758
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Protip: If you eat Skittles and M&Ms at the same time it will change your life.
    Like in a diarrhea kind of way?

Last edited by Fortybox; 10-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.