Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Oh do shut up. It's not racist to question assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

2. Default

Trump sits, talks through song lowering the flag at military base amid NFL anthem controversy

President Trump sat and talked through the nightly playing of "Retreat" as the American flag was lowered on a Pennsylvania Air National Guard base during his interview with Sean Hannity.
    Trump, who has been criticizing NFL players who kneel through the national anthem to protest racism, seemed caught off-guard by loudspeakers playing "Retreat." The song is played every night at military bases to signal the American flag being lowered and the end of the official duty day.

Military site Task and Purpose was the first to notice Trump sitting during the song. According to Task and Purpose, uniformed service members are required to stop what they're doing and salute the flag as its lowered during the song while civilians are required to place their hand over their heart.

Trump not only does not stand or place his hand over his heart, but instead talks through the song and assumes it's being played to honor him or Hannity.
    People watching the rally can be seen standing for the song in the background of Trump's interview but Trump seems to not know what the song means.
    "Are they playing that for you or for me?" Trump joked to Hannity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to downplay and dismiss the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to denial!
    Oh there are all sorts of things wrong in our country but I thought we were discussing race in this particular discussion. If you want to up play and exasperate the problem that's okay. I won't deny your right to incitement!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    exasperate the problem
    Exacerbate.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/album.php...achmentid=8758
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Protip: If you eat Skittles and M&Ms at the same time it will change your life.
    Like in a diarrhea kind of way?

Last edited by Fortybox; 10-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Like in a diarrhea kind of way?

You'll have to eat it to find out what's in it! -Nancy Pelosi, 2017 Skittles Summit
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

(Reuters) - The NFL said on Friday it has no plans to mandate players stand for the U.S. national anthem, but will rather present a possible solution on how to end the controversial protests when it meets with team owners next week.

Commissioner Roger Goodell, along with the head of the NFL Players Association, will meet with the owners from Oct. 17-18 in New York where the issue of player protests during the U.S. national anthem is expected to command much attention.

“(Goodell) has a plan that he is going to present to owners about how to use our platform to both raise awareness and make progress on issues of social justice and equality in this country,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said on a conference call.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    (Reuters) - The NFL said on Friday it has no plans to mandate players stand for the U.S. national anthem, but will rather present a possible solution on how to end the controversial protests when it meets with team owners next week.

Commissioner Roger Goodell, along with the head of the NFL Players Association, will meet with the owners from Oct. 17-18 in New York where the issue of player protests during the U.S. national anthem is expected to command much attention.

“(Goodell) has a plan that he is going to present to owners about how to use our platform to both raise awareness and make progress on issues of social justice and equality in this country,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said on a conference call.
    Thanks for the old news 'update'.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by drauz
    Where is the evidence?
    In the link I just linked.
    Is there also institutional sexism?
    Yes, many kinds.
    So what do you believe? If more crimes are committed by black people it is no fault of the police that the offender happens to be black.
    More black people arrested does not mean more black people commit crimes. Not all people who commit crimes are arrested, not all people who are arrested commit crimes. Remember that in Illinois the advent of DNA evidence proved that half the Death Row were innocent. Not "not guilty", absolutely innocent. On Death Row! With a million appeals and all the public/institutional attention you could ask for, it was (at best!) a 50/50 shot. Now imagine how inapt 'I caught this guy grabbing someone's purse' would be, how easily conscious and unconscious racism (or any other -ism) could bleed into proceedings with so little oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01
    Because if we look at the specifics of each case the whole narrative falls apart. We have to keep things as vague as possible and if you want to discuss details then you're racist.
    Okay, let's see your database.
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I don't think we can simply blame it on economics or racism, though. Again, there are a fuckload of poor people from all ethnicities. Do you really believe that there are an equal number of people from each race committing crimes and racist cops (cause all police are white and have white leaders, right?) are so prevalent that they're able to simply choose to arrest black people at a much higher rate than the others? Shit, maybe I ought to start looting things and whatnot. I guess the cops will just ignore me because I'm white?
    The link I linked shows that black people are disproportionately killed regardless of household income level. Happy to help.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.