Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

Default NFL players kneeling during National Anthem

I don't have any problem with players exercising their 1st Amendment rights to free speech, but if I were an NFL owner, I would tell them to do it on their own time. When you are in an NFL stadium, you are now on MY time.

Granted, I think what Trump said didn't help the situation out and I expect a bunch of players kneeling today..

Blog Entries

this is soooo last year. (Yes I am aware Trump JUST mentioned it, but he isn't exactly on top of things on the regular)

Blog Entries

I honestly couldn't care less about this. The only reason they are doing it is because, gasp, it causes people to take notice. If people stopped bitching incessantly about it it'd probably stop.

Simple solution, vote with your wallet. Stop buying gear, stop buying tickets, change the channel, move on. When enough people do that and it hurts them enough, they will either get fired, stop being highlighted and/or change their tune.

Edit: If I and likely most of us can't make political statements in our workplace, why is it acceptable for them to do so?
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 09-24-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I don't have any problem with players exercising their 1st Amendment rights to free speech, but if I were an NFL owner, I would tell them to do it on their own time. When you are in an NFL stadium, you are now on MY time.
    This is correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Simple solution, vote with your wallet. Stop buying gear, stop buying tickets, change the channel, move on. When enough people do that and it hurts them enough, they will either get fired, stop being highlighted and/or change their tune.

Edit: If I and likely most of us can't make political statements in our workplace, why is it acceptable for them to do so?
    Because their workplace allows them to do it?

Trump is only making such an outrage to rally his uneducated 'Murica base.

It almost feels like Trump (and the Republican party in general) is focusing on fringe, divisive issues so that people don't talk about the many elephants in the room.

I'm from Texas and am sick of having bathroom bill bullshit take center stage when there are waaaaaaaay more important discussions we should be having.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    this is soooo last year. (Yes I am aware Trump JUST mentioned it, but he isn't exactly on top of things on the regular)
    Mentioned it? This goes slightly beyond "mentioning" it, and you can see why it all started...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Simple solution, vote with your wallet. Stop buying gear, stop buying tickets, change the channel, move on. When enough people do that and it hurts them enough, they will either get fired, stop being highlighted and/or change their tune. Edit: If I and likely most of us can't make political statements in our workplace, why is it acceptable for them to do so?
    NFL players (and other athletes) are forced to make a political statement because the national anthem is played in their workplace. Sit, stand, kneel, salute, don't show up... all of these are political statements. If the national anthem was played in your workplace, you would logically be afforded the same acceptance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers
    Trump is only making such an outrage to rally his uneducated 'Murica base. It almost feels like Trump (and the Republican party in general) is focusing on fringe, divisive issues so that people don't talk about the many elephants in the room.
    From Bryan Curtis at the Ringer:

"The last time Trump talked about Colin Kaepernick was March 20—the day James Comey announced that the FBI was investigating the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia. Similarly, last night’s rant came hours after Senator John McCain sank the Graham-Cassidy bill—the latest, and maybe last, attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act."
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.