Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Blog Entries

The chatterbox cadet is very plain in appearance but she has the most amazing red hair when it's worn down.

/random
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-07-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    The chatterbox cadet is very plain in appearance but she has the most amazing red hair when it's worn down.

/random
    She was on After Trek for Episode 3.

BTW, I'm assuming you are on your free week? If you go to cancel it towards the end of the week, they'll offer you an additional free month.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-07-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries

She was on After Trek for Episode 3.

BTW, I'm assuming you are on your free week? If you go to cancel it towards the end of the week, they'll offer you an additional free month.
    Good to know. Is there any other show that is Access only that is worth watching? Otherwise they will probably see a rush of cancellations after this series goes on break. It's supposed to be like nine episodes for the first season of Discovery, right?
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Good to know. Is there any other show that is Access only that is worth watching? Otherwise they will probably see a rush of cancellations after this series goes on break. It's supposed to be like nine episodes for the first season of Discovery, right?
    Like 13 or 14, and... Well, not really IMO. You can get local programming on it if you are a cord cutter and don't know about the existence of antennas.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-07-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Actually, IMDB shows 15 episodes.

/nerd on:

Random thoughts:

I think Lorca might be a bad guy in disguise. And, if he has a problem with light hurting his battle damaged eyes then why the fuck doesn't he wear sunglasses outside his dimmed office?

I know it was a storytelling device but come on, a convicted mutineer and traitor is really going to be assigned to bunk with a cadet? Not likely.

I will be very disappointed if that monster Lorca took from the other ship for his private menagerie doesn't, at some point, get beamed onto an enemy vessel to wreak havoc.

The new technology being created for faster travel is obviously going to fail as there is nothing like it in later franchise series history but, maybe it will be adapted to create holodeck technology?

Who the fuck is the actor who plays Sarek? He seemed so familiar. Apparently, if you slap a set of pointy ears on someone, it's enough of a disguise that it will fool me. The Clark Kent's of the world are safe from me.

/nerd off
    Absolutely about Captain Lorca. Maybe not a bad guy persay, but probably a guy who believes that the end justifies the means. Didn't like how he allowed Stamets to talk to him in front of others.. or how Lorca belittled him in front of everyone as well. Doesn't seem like a good leadership quality in a Captain.

Pretty sure he's either the villain (it's not really the Klingons) or just a bad Captain.

Either way.. I'm hooked now.

Blog Entries

Actually, IMDB shows 15 episodes.
    Good!
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-07-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Included quote because PB ninja posted.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Either way.. I'm hooked now.
    ^^^^^
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Loved the one last night.

Spoiler in white, because [spoiler][/spoiler] does nothing.
    No one is safe! I mean, I guess she'd technically be a red shirt, but she was a high ranking one.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-09-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Loved the one last night.

Spoiler in white, because [spoiler][/spoiler] does nothing.
    No one is safe! I mean, I guess she'd technically be a red shirt, but she was a high ranking one.
    That was a big surprise to me. I mean, she was a major character in Battlestar Galactica so I was certain they were setting her up as a regular on Discovery. I hope they don't pull a "oh hey, she has a twin who is joining the crew now!" story arc.

I'm so tired to subtitles. I wish they'd stop. I don't like reading my TV entertainment.

I felt sorry for the monster but it's a pretty ingenious way to incorporate new technology that isn't in later Star Trek series since the inhumane treatment of a sentient being would never be acceptable by later Trek standards.
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-09-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    I like penis.