Thread: Enhancing MOC Bonus vs ranks question.

Default Enhancing MOC Bonus vs ranks question.

MOC needs ranks to receive the abilities for Mstrike.
    However, there are enhancive items providing a bonus to multi opponent combat bonus.
    My question is if you have enough "bonus" enhancives would you get equivalent ranks to count towards using mstrike?
    And if so how much "bonus" do you need per rank received?

anything above 40 ranks becomes 1:1
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Well let me ask this then, say I have no trained ranks in MOC, but have a whole bunch of enhancives with + x to multi opponent combat bonus. What would x have to add up to give me enough ranks to perform a mstrike?

Well, between 1-10 ranks, isn't each rank +5 bonus? And you have to have 5 ranks of MOC to hit two critters. So wouldn't that mean you'd need +25 bonus to equal 5 ranks? Assuming the MOC enhancive system works that way, that seems an awful lot of effort at getting +25 bonus MOC.

I mean, if you're not really using enhancive slots for something else OR you luck in to some higher MOC bonus items, then I don't see why not.

I'm trying to confirm, but something else to consider is whether MOC enhancive works more like CM enhancives, in that CM bonus doesn't give you the same benefit as training in ranks of CM in that if you had +5 bonus CM which would essentially boil down to 1 rank, you don't get a CM point to train in a combat maneuver. MOC bonus might work the same in that it helps you with force on force but doesn't earn you the actual rank.
    Last edited by Viekn; 09-22-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Basically I'm just trying to figure out if it is even possible to get access to mstrike using only enhancives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loxe View Post
    Basically I'm just trying to figure out if it is even possible to get access to mstrike using only enhancives.
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Well, between 1-10 ranks, isn't each rank +5 bonus? And you have to have 5 ranks of MOC to hit two critters. So wouldn't that mean you'd need +25 bonus to equal 5 ranks? Assuming the MOC enhancive system works that way, that seems an awful lot of effort at getting +25 bonus MOC.

I mean, if you're not really using enhancive slots for something else OR you luck in to some higher MOC bonus items, then I don't see why not.
    Yes, this is correct.

1-10=5 bonus
    11-20=4 bonus
    21-30=3 bonus
    31-40=2 bonus

so converting would be
    25 bonus for 2 swing unfocused
    70 bonus for 3 swing unfocused
    120 bonus for 2 swing focused

With the +50 max bonus from enhancives, the best you could hope for was 2swing unfocused
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Rarely is it cheaper to charge ranks over bonus, but if you have 0 ranks, a ranks enhancive will provide more benefit for cheaper. 1 rank (for 5 bonus) will be less to charge than 5 bonus. As soon as you get beyond the first set or two of ranks, the diminishing returns makes Bonus much cheaper than ranks (since they could, theoretically be worth 5 a piece, even if they aren't)