Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Price Check on Full Plate

Ok, well, I’m willing to back up what I’m saying. I’d be willing to extract a couple hundred instances of the word onslaught from my logs and post the resulting hits if anyone needs proof that it has had a “nigh” meaningless practical effect on critical ranks in usage by me. If anyone feels like they need that information, they are welcome to it. Or if they would prefer to test it themselves in the event I decide to sell it, anyone is also welcome to test it under their own circumstances before purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    Ok, well, I’m willing to back up what I’m saying....
    You've got 10 years of logs to show you never died via crush crit? I doubt it. But that's what you claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I don't mean to intrude Khariz I've bought a claidh or two from you and I know you to have a impeccable rep. But, isn't plate armor weak to blunts? like that's their thing? I thought slice had the worst time against plate class?
    A. I didn’t make the armor, so I didn’t select the resistance and vulnerability.

B. I wouldn’t say plate is “weak” to blunts. But, the one particular fact that you may be meaning to highlight with such a statement is this: compared to all other damage types available in the game, it takes the lowest critical rank to cause a death critical on the head/neck with blunt-type damage against plate armor. So yeah, plate is “weaker” to blunt damage on the head/neck than it is to slash damage. I still haven’t found that particularly meaningful with respect to the “vulnerability” as-applied to *me*.

Basically, the effect of having the additional blunt-vulnerability on this armor is that a certain percentage of the occasions on which which a successful blunt hit strikes you, you will suffer a certain percentage additional damage from that damage type. Unless you are regularly getting struck by blunt weapons on 250+ Endrolls (which I am not), you should rarely, if ever, actually see the vulnerability cause a critical rank enhancement.

To call it “nigh unusable” is either (a) a massive exaggeration, or (b) being used in a scenario where the character has no spells on and is routinely taking blunt hits with higher than 200 endrolls (and jacked up defense factor reduction).
    Last edited by Khariz; 09-21-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You've got 10 years of logs to show you never died via crush crit? I doubt it. But that's what you claimed.
    That’s not even close to what I claimed. I claimed I’ve never had the crush-vulnerability on the armor enhance a blunt hit to a death crit. I can’t find a single instance of dying to a blunt strike to the head/neck where I died because the armor had this vulnerability, rather than because a particularly high endroll + blunt + plate = instant death.
    Last edited by Khariz; 09-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Crush vuln aside, is slash protection very valuable comparatively to other options for plate armor? I would think slash has the weakest crit tables against plate (one of the reasons everyone uses mauls over battleaxes and greatswords).

I've seen 7x 2-slot fusion with HCP go for 60-70mil, so is the slash protection really worth the same amount as 2-slot fusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Crush vuln aside, is slash protection very valuable comparatively to other options for plate armor? I would think slash has the weakest crit tables against plate (one of the reasons everyone uses mauls over battleaxes and greatswords).

I've seen 7x 2-slot fusion with HCP go for 60-70mil, so is the slash protection really worth the same amount as 2-slot fusion?
    I don’t think the slash protection has an enhancing effect on the value of this armor, no. It’s just worth whatever 7x, HCP, max light, T5 ensorcelled plate is worth. I listed the other properties so that people would be aware of them, not because of their value.
    Last edited by Khariz; 09-21-2017 at 10:47 AM.

I thought this was pretty nice plate. Personally I hate added vulnerabilities, but that's not really on the basis of empirical evidence. The resistance won't help/hurt the price much. You'd be better off with warrior slash protection, but that's a maintenance issue, and there are those who hate maintenance issues as much as I hate vulnerabilities. The big plusses for this armor are a decent enchant, crit padding, and T5. It's also a nice set of armor to continue working on.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    I don’t think the slash protection has an enhancing effect on the value of this armor, no. It’s just worth whatever 7x, HCP, max light, T5 ensorcelled plate is worth. I listed the other properties so that people would be aware of them, not because of their value.
    In that case, I would have to strongly disagree with the 60-70mil assessment, as historically 7x HCP armor that is T5 ensorcelled and max light generally sells for the 40-50mil range. Modifiers that bump the price up tend to be fusion, special scripts, or other specific enhancements to the armor. If the slash protection does not add value to the armor, then I'd price it similar to other 7x armors with the current silvers value taken into consideration.

Here's a couple cross-references to use for pricing examples that match well (IMO):

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...hcp+full+plate (sold for 40mil)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...hcp+full+plate (sold for 27mil)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...hcp+full+plate (almost sold for 40mil)

Due to the silvers value being low right now, it would be fairly reasonable to ask on the high end (50mil) and then maybe a little more for it being full plate?
    Last edited by Maerit; 09-21-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Maerit, your three examples are a set of metal breastplate, (there's almost zero market for that ASG), some leather, (different market entirely), and a set of 6x HCP full plate with no ensorcelment, that sold in 7 hours in the flat price folder, at a time when silvers were worth about 20% more than they are now. It's hard to search this forum and find comparable items, but none of those really hits the mark. Here's a bit of my logic, good or bad:

The greatly fluctuating currency value, coupled with the recent changes to crit padding make it difficult to price things. Does the new crit padding system make this armor worth more or less, or not make a difference at all? I considered this before making a suggestion on value, and reached the conclusion that the new system would give all of the MCP plate armor out there a large bump in value for the next 3-4 years, simply because making an MCP set is now going to be much more difficult. What does that do to a set of armor like this? It's all supply and demand. Everyone who might have bought an MCP set is now looking at an HCP set and some slow building instead, because the MCP set got a price bump. Ultimately I don't think it's a huge factor in the short term, but I did consider it.

To me, the major contributing positive factors to price for this armor are: it's a popular ASG, padding, ensorcelment, and a large downward push on currency valuation. Negative factors are: there's quite a bit of full plate out there. The resistance is maybe a very slight negative but largely a push, because anyone who likes it can keep it and someone who doesn't can pretty easily strip it out.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 09-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Maerit, your three examples are a set of metal breastplate, (there's almost zero market for that ASG), some leather, (different market entirely), and a set of 6x HCP full plate with no ensorcelment, that sold in 7 hours in the flat price folder, at a time when silvers were worth about 20% more than they are now. It's hard to search this forum and find comparable items, but none of those really hits the mark. Here's a bit of my logic, good or bad:

The greatly fluctuating currency value, coupled with the recent changes to crit padding make it difficult to price things. Does the new crit padding system make this armor worth more or less, or not make a difference at all? I considered this before making a suggestion on value, and reached the conclusion that the new system would give all of the MCP plate armor out there a large bump in value for the next 3-4 years, simply because making an MCP set is now going to be much more difficult. What does that do to a set of armor like this? It's all supply and demand. Everyone who might have bought an MCP set is now looking at an HCP set and some slow building instead, because the MCP set got a price bump. Ultimately I don't think it's a huge factor in the short term, but I did consider it.

To me, the major contributing positive factors to price for this armor are: it's a popular ASG, padding, ensorcelment, and a large downward push on currency valuation. Negative factors are: there's quite a bit of full plate out there. The resistance is maybe a very slight negative but largely a push, because anyone who likes it can keep it and someone who doesn't can pretty easily strip it out.
    Resistances and vulnerability cannot be removed. Hence the reason I sold my set.