Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting Stats for 100

Default Setting Stats for 100

I was wondering what the consensus was for setting bard stats to cap? Normally I tank INF but that is a main stat for bards. What stat should be dropped instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I was wondering what the consensus was for setting bard stats to cap? Normally I tank INF but that is a main stat for bards. What stat should be dropped instead?
    Yeah INF is actually important for bards. I would probably go with INT and then WIS or DIS, whichever one you can get more total stat points from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah INF is actually important for bards. I would probably go with INT and then WIS or DIS, whichever one you can get more total stat points from.
    What would you recommend? Halfling.

Int

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    What would you recommend? Halfling.
    Nice thing about a halfling bard is they can get 100's in 9 stats with just one sub 100. So either a 79 DIS, 83 WIS, or 80 INT.

Now if you just want most total stat points the choice is obvious.

The main thing about INT for a bard is the dodge/evade system (but I don't think an 80 instead of a 100 is going to make a huge difference in this system.) But INT now also helps with defending against the new 917, so if you hunt shit that uses that INT might be good.

DIS doesn't do a whole lot for bards either except a very minor impact on total experience in their head and some society abilities use it, possibly COL abilities in the future too.

WIS doesn't do much for a bard either except provide some sweet spirit TD which is hard to come by for a bard.

Personally I would go with 80 INT but 79 DIS isn't a bad choice either. Or mix them up a little bit if you don't mind having one fewer 100 stats.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-16-2017 at 10:10 PM.

6. Default

I'm terrible with the cruncher.. any way you could provide the starting 0 stats to achieve 9 100's and the 80 INT at cap for a halfling bard?

Thanks
    Last edited by LeftBench; 09-19-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftBench View Post
    I'm terrible with the cruncher.. any way you could provide the starting 0 stats to achieve 9 100's and the 80 INT at cap for a halfling bard?

Thanks
    It's all right here:

http://www.nitefallz.com/statmax.html

Nice

One other thing discipline impacts for bards is multisong penalties.

Unless I'm using it wrong all that does is throw me a bunch of 90s. It attempts max values in all stats
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel