Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Policy 3 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Conflicts as in you get into an argument on the PC/New Unnoficials/Slack/Discord/Twitter and then you bring it into game.

I can't imagine a scenario where you'd have consensual CvC over an OOC/OOG issue and it'd be alright with policy. I suppose it's possible, but highly improbable.
    Fight me in game bitch!

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Not for a game, no... For the population of said game though, yeah.
    Touche. Maybe I'm just too old to handle the change, but then I use Slack at work and Discord for raiding so it really shouldn't. I think I'm just stubborn. =p
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    There's too many outlets already. Slack chat, discord, aim, facebook, PC, official forums, safespace forums, twitter, reddit.

All for one game, it's just ridiculously too much.
    Whatley: "I don't understand why we haven't exploded in population yet! We're on The Facebook and Tweetr!"
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskruin View Post
    In many ways it was good that Wyrom left for both him and the players here.

I consider the PC as the seedy bar down the street from the strip club where all the 'old-timers' go to bitch about stuff and generally vent.

Last edited by Methais; 09-12-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

How do they even expect to police social media stuff when they can't actually prove who's posting from X account? What's to stop someone from impersonating someone they dislike IG and spamming shit all over their Twitter or whatever? I could go make a new Twitter account right now and spam 2girls1cup all over their page and they couldn't do shit about it. I kinda hope someone does this now just to see if I get blamed.

I suspect this will lead to more Simucoins. Have your social media accounts verified by Simutronics for only 12,500 Simucoins!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How do they even expect to police social media stuff when they can't actually prove who's posting from X account? What's to stop someone from impersonating someone they dislike IG and spamming shit all over their Twitter or whatever? I could go make a new Twitter account right now and spam 2girls1cup all over their page and they couldn't do shit about it. I kinda hope someone does this now just to see if I get blamed.

I suspect this will lead to more Simucoins. Have your social media accounts verified by Simutronics for only 12,500 Simucoins!
    BRB, logging on my methais twitter and spamming GemStone IV twitter with Goatse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    BRB, logging on my methais twitter and spamming GemStone IV twitter with Goatse.
    That's just what they'll be expecting you to do...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    Just to piggyback off Kaikala here. This should have been known, but several incidents have recently come up where it was clear that it wasn't known. That's why we're spelling it out.

Other areas of official communication would be places like the official Facebook and Twitter accounts, which recently had some disruptive behavior happening (racial slurs being direct messaged, taking things happening in game to social media and vice verse). Again, we assume this is a bit of common sense, but it doesn't appear everyone thinks the same.

Wyrom, PM
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Wyrom pls ban

Last edited by Taernath; 09-12-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

This should have been known, but several incidents have recently come up where it was clear that it wasn't known.
    There are known knowns and known unknowns.