Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorc Hunting Question

Heh those have been my main hunting spells for the most part. Especially 702!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    702 and 705 for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    of course this could vary due to different training paths, but this is where I usually hunt my sorcerers...
    the first hunting grounds listed in each train was may favorite hunting ground at that train...

0-4 Landing GY (skeletons, ghouls ect) or Vaalor Cemetary (same stuff)

5-8 Landing GY (mummies) Vaalor Plains of Bone (dirges and golems)

9-12 Landing GY (wraiths) Vaalor Plains of Bone (spectres and wolfshades)

13-18 Landing Temple of Love (vereri) Vaalor Plains of bone (arch wights, ghoul masters)

19-23 Vaalor lower weald (spirits, zombies, and niirsha) Landing spider temple (acolytes and priests) or GY (moaners)

24-28 Vaalor upper weald (tree spirits, monks) Landing spider temple (same but add arachnids)

29-35 Zul Logoth Troll graveyard (undead trolls... crazy loot) Solhaven (Shan) Landing GY ledge (pookas) Illistim Wraithenmist (lords, mara)

36-40 Trail to Solhaven, Castle Varunar (phantasmas) Landing Misty chamber (Sheru monks, initiates, Vruul...ect) Landing GY Ledge (steeds and mares) Illistim Gyldemar (trali) RR (hags, wights, trolls)

41-48 Vaalor Bog (spectres, shades, wights... and pretty decent loot) Teras (banshees) Illistim (Kiramon)

49-55 Landing Thanatoph (stone trolls and stone giants... great loot) Teras (Wind roltons) Illistim glacier (madrinol, slush, morph) Solhaven (eidolons)

56-63 Illistim treetops (Black forest ogres and vipers... no boars there) Teras (Wind roltons) Landing Darkstone (Harbingers and nightmare steeds) or Stronghold (Illoke... don't go hear too soon, maybe start at 62)

64-66 Illistim temple wyneb (supplicants, heirophants, and dogmastists) Rift plane one (at 66 trains, Csetairi, Lunatics, and Naisirc) Teras eye of V'tull (fire mages, sprites, tsarks) Landing Stronghold (Illoke)

67-72 Illstim mahgoras tower (shrickhen, moulis, and golares... so easy and awsome loot) Teras Eye of V'tull (mages, sprites) Rift plane one (Csetairi, Lunatics, and Naisirc)
    Got a list like that for a monk? Emphasis on mobs that don't cast really nasty shit?

My poor TD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Got a list like that for a monk? Emphasis on mobs that don't cast really nasty shit?

My poor TD
    Sorry, no.

I think wights and woodsmen are in the 23-24 range in Solhaven. They're pretty soft targets. Dealing with boil is fairly easy as long as there aren't a bunch of them in the room (place never used to get too swarmy). Hit'em with 703 and they're just a glorified rolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Scisco View Post
    Heh those have been my main hunting spells for the most part. Especially 702!
    You don't really have a choice. You'll be using 702 pretty heavily until 50-60.

Also... hunt shan in the low-mid 40s. You can do the bog if you want, but the downside is you have to go to Vaalor. Another alternative is in Illistim, baesrukhas and corpses. It's been ages since I hunted there, but the loot was always nice. No one hunted there for some silly reason. The northern parts of that area don't have any of the lower level (35-40) critters.
    Last edited by subzero; 09-13-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Open cast of 703 hits the entire room, so even in a swarm you should be ok as long as you remember to keep casting it.

there is the equiv of woodsmen and wights in icemule as already mentioned if he prefers to stay IMT side out in the farm or whatever. Shan and Bonespear are both fun, but that's another high 703 area because of spike thorn.. breaking it down by levels, I feel like 35-50 is when you've got the most options of viable things to hunt, that wont cause more than a freak death as a sorcerer... That all goes out the window though if you are a bounty chaser.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Open cast of 703 hits the entire room, so even in a swarm you should be ok as long as you remember to keep casting it.
    Yeah. That would have been neat. I forget (hah) that they updated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Shan and Bonespear are both fun, but that's another high 703 area because of spike thorn.. breaking it down by levels, I feel like 35-50 is when you've got the most options of viable things to hunt, that wont cause more than a freak death as a sorcerer... That all goes out the window though if you are a bounty chaser.
    One of the greatest benefits of being a sorcerer is not having to worry about so many spells or maneuvers because of 703 and 708. Avoiding areas so you don't need to use those spells is insane to me.
    Last edited by subzero; 09-13-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

My poor TD
    I've a thread in monks that shows my monk in mid 40's or so and smashing just about everything. I rushed spells and achieved 20 ranks in both circles by late 30's and I was well into my 50's before I ever saw something come close to hitting me TD wise.

TLDR hunt whatever.

TLTLDR: IMO rush spells as I did, grab water walking and go to RR and clean house on things like hisskra that most people can't hunt to save their lives.
    Last edited by Alashir; 09-13-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

My poor TD
    Shoulda been a halfling!

10. Default

Rotting woodsmen