Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Orville

Blog Entries

Since they cancelled Firefly, anything is possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    From what I understand, this show isn't actually supposed to be a comedy and Seth is actually worried about how Fox is presenting it. We shall see.
    It has a few chuckles so far.. It is definitely meant as a comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It has a few chuckles so far.. It is definitely meant as a comedy.
    Game of Thrones has some chuckles, too. Is it a comedy?
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Game of Thrones has some chuckles, too. Is it a comedy?
    The Orville is a comedy. Accept it.

"The Orville is an comedy-drama science fiction television series created by and starring Seth MacFarlane that premiered on September 10, 2017, with new episodes to air Thursdays on Fox during the 2017–18 season."
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-10-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Its a star trek spoof as was described to me by my buddy. He told me a couple of the running gags.

Seth McFarland (imho) only does comedy and tragedy.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

It isn't wacky/zany like Galaxy Quest, but the dialogue is mostly meant to be humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The Orville is a comedy. Accept it.

"The Orville is an comedy-drama science fiction television series created by and starring Seth MacFarlane that premiered on September 10, 2017, with new episodes to air Thursdays on Fox during the 2017–18 season."
    All I know about it is what was posted here. It's not like I'm in denial or anything. I'm just saying that having funny spots doesn't mean it's a comedy. If they're billing it as a comedy, so be it. It can be whatever it wants.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

It's ok. FX are pretty bad. Music is grating, like they stole it straight from Deep Space 9 and turned it up a few more notches. Acting is a bit stiff, but it was the pilot. I'm hoping it gets the time it needs to find itself, but I doubt it will.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I was told they got picked up for 13 episodes a while back, so that should be enough time to get where they need to...or not.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    It's ok. FX are pretty bad. Music is grating, like they stole it straight from Deep Space 9 and turned it up a few more notches. Acting is a bit stiff, but it was the pilot. I'm hoping it gets the time it needs to find itself, but I doubt it will.
    I didn't see an issue with the FX? I can't think of any TV shows that are really any better there. Didn't really notice the music. The acting wasn't the best, but it should improve. It'll get at least a season, because Seth MacFarlane has made tons of cash for Fox. All and all, I liked it enough to where I'll watch it next Sunday too.