Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering returning. Been a long time.

1. Default Considering returning. Been a long time.

I'm thinking about playing again but not sure it's a good idea, think I left off around level 65 as a sorcerer and minimaxed my stats for implosion hunting. Last time I trialed in I found they'd implemented sorcerous teleportation but that was way outside my build, no improvements to what I did or how I played.

I'm not sure what else they've done to the sorcerer class in the past ?10? years but would like some feedback from anyone who does. Does hunting with CS actually take the same time now? Are you still dying all the time from CMs? I'd get so frustrated not caring about encumbrance only to get half-way and have a stone giant fall on me or a viper spit me in a bad way. Has *that* been fixed? I was an imploder, couldn't loot a thing for years but I kept a ton of stuff on me.

I also have no idea what the apparent micro-transaction system is all about but have read a little about it on here, I don't understand how it works or why they'd take that approach. I played GS as a 10 year old, back in the AOL days around 1992 or so at first and can remember getting yelled at for the $250/mo AOL connection fee by my parents.

After it migrated to GS IV I always kept my account standard and only went to a few events. Are the micro's a big thing now? How much, on average, are people paying in those in addition to normal account fees?

-Kraydak

Did you know that sorcs can now charge millions for hunting and gathering necro energy?
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

3. Default

No, never heard of it and wouldn't bother with it. Is that a real thing?

It's called ensorcelling, and only sorcs can do it. It's kind of like enchanting, but for sorcs. If you're hunting, you would want to bother with it. It's extra millions of coins.

https://gswiki.play.net/Ensorcell_(735)
    Last edited by Mogonis; 09-05-2017 at 01:34 AM.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

5. Default

Ugh, runestaves. I can ensorcell a knife too? Double up fixskills and do it without that?

6. Default

So.. no answers to the CM deaths for a 'sorc' or the microcost system? Despite 50+ views. C'mon.

Bueller. Bueller. Bueller..

Quote Originally Posted by Kraydak21 View Post
    So.. no answers to the CM deaths for a 'sorc' or the microcost system? Despite 50+ views. C'mon.

Bueller. Bueller. Bueller..
    Instant death CM still exist but they aren't usually too much of a problem if you train right and don't weigh yourself down with too much shit.

All of the micro transactions are getting a bit much for me lately but you can still play and level up and enjoy the game without them.

8. Default

Thanks Tgo. Is there a weight formula that was released?

I'm pretty sure it's all figured out on the wiki.

Yeah, it goes like this: prep 704, cast 704 at object, object weight = 0.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?