Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Massive Equifax Hack Affects 143 Million

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How do you fuck up so bad you link a fake site in this situation? I almost wish it was created maliciously instead of for "Look how stupid you people are" just for lulz.

I don't think the amount of fail involved in this is being appreciated enough.
    You saw their South American office used "admin" as their password?

https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/equifa...OC93dGYvMjc%3D
    Last edited by drauz; 09-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    You saw their South American office used "admin" as their password?

https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/equifa...OC93dGYvMjc%3D
    Yeah I think Equifax was trying to say they don't actually have anything to do with that. Which doesn't make sense but neither does using "admin" for your password whether you're Equifax or some regular fuck down the street.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Nothing to see here, move along plebs.

~

Mick Mulvaney, head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, has pulled back from a full-scale probe of how Equifax failed to protect the personal data of millions of consumers, according to people familiar with the matter.

Equifax said in September that hackers stole personal data it had collected on some 143 million Americans. Richard Cordray, then the CFPB director, authorized an investigation that month, said former officials familiar with the probe.

But Cordray resigned in November and was replaced by Mulvaney, President Donald Trump's budget chief. The CFPB effort against Equifax has sputtered since then, said several government and industry sources, raising questions about how Mulvaney will police a data-warehousing industry that has enormous sway over how much consumers pay to borrow money.

The CFPB has the tools to examine a data breach like Equifax, said John Czwartacki, a spokesman, but the agency is not permitted to acknowledge an open investigation. "The bureau has the desire, expertise, and know-how in-house to vigorously pursue hypothetical matters such as these," he said.

Three sources say, though, Mulvaney, the new CFPB chief, has not ordered subpoenas against Equifax or sought sworn testimony from executives, routine steps when launching a full-scale probe. Meanwhile, the CFPB has shelved plans for on-the-ground tests of how Equifax protects data, an idea backed by Cordray.

When the private and public sectors fail us there's only one solution left on the table.

We need data to unionize.

For i = 1 to inf
    MsgBox Solidarity
    Next i

compile
    run
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    When the private and public sectors fail us there's only one solution left on the table.
    THE JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT?!?!?!?

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

I hacked Equifax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I hacked Equifax.
    Reported.

8. Default

In other news the organization has unveiled their new name, the Corporate Financial Protection Bureau.

Better check, just in case.

Blog Entries

I don't think that thing is accurate. I did it and it said I was good, but then I started noticing strange purchases on my statement.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam