Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official: Ebon Gate 2017 Teasers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    >>Out of curiosity- how much higher are the DSD odds of getting an item from the T5/unique feeder vs the other non-fishing games?

Odds a much higher in comparison to games and digging. Odds are higher than Duskruin sewers for rarer items. Odds are roughly the same for a T5 as Delirium, but different. You can also boost your odds with items.

>>And if the regular games got a rate nerf too

Nothing at all is nerfed. In fact games and digging got a slight buff during the last Duskruin Dig.

>>It's always seemed to me that Gemstone has operated on some sort of budget system for items they are willing to give out at any given event / in any given year. I strongly suspect that the 'budget' for the sought after T5 prizes hasn't really changed vs. prior years so with roughly 4x as much opportunity (time) for people to win prizes it would make sense (in a warped Gemstone prize logic sort of way) that the odds of winning a T5 prize would need to be roughly reduced to a quarter of what it has been in prior years.

This is hogwash at its finest. Nothing at all like this exists, and never has.

>>Given that additionally it sounds like the same T5 pool of items also feeds into the paid event (DSD) it wouldn't surprise me at all ton find that the regular (silver based) games odds (for a T5) have been reduced rather substantially to compensate for both of these items.

T5 are game feeder quality. The same stuff you'd find playing the core game hunting (boxfounds). This hasn't changed. Ever. Before the T6 existed, some T6 items were always mixed into the T5 feeder. In 2014, which I consider the year that tipped the scale, some REALLY nice stuff was approved for the T5 feeder that really jaded everyone's feelings on feeder items going forward. So we separated out those jackpot wins into their own feeder and made them a bit harder to obtain than a T5.

>>Is it possible to share the number of unlimited style game plays that are considered a standard week? Basically, the expected number of plays point?

You can get WAAAAY more bang for your buck playing games and digging, but it will also have the silver costs and higher time elements.

It boils down to what do you want to get out of this. Do you just want to win really cool stuff? Do you need favor for the quest? Do you like incidental loot? Do you want X seashells?

Luck is also a major element in all this.

>>How much higher are the odds than a regular mini-game? Like 1.5x? 2x? Knowing would be helfpul as far as deciding where to put my time (and potentialy money)

It's different, but the odds at winning something like a jackpot are 25x better. Don't read that as common or more likely though.

Wyrom, PM

Last edited by Fallen; 10-08-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kaikala
    I did say late -- though I didn't intend for it to be this late. However, pretty much all of the bugs that were submitted should be squashed -- TY to the people who put those in (and to my late night tester!) I'm sure there will be more; please submit and bear with as they come up. Also, this might be a little more scattered than I would normally wish for, but... info-seekers unite?
    Goblyns and Ghules Enterprises is pleased to have in stock at Ebon Gate this year:

(1) Some oldies but goodies: spider bags, Inner Eye candles, "ritual potion"s, some edibles that are probably considered gross by most people, "Small Blade" sheaths, and Rocket Sheaths (aka Spring Sheaths). The sheaths are set up capacity wise primarily for daggers -- because:

(2) Ritual daggers. This is a brand new script aimed primarily at ritualists -- I had both Arkati folks and blood magic users in mind when making them, but hopefully they appeal to other areas as well. The notices (NO, you CANNOT purchase those anymore!) on each rope will denote which daggers are able to be used in combat and which are more for show than combat.

Tier 1: Info

RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - ANALYZE INFO

This is a Ritual Dagger item. Really, this just means that it has verb traps geared toward performing rituals.

The item is dual-tiered: there are verb tiers, and then there are additional special ability add-ons. Nearly all verb traps allow for targets (use VERB my dagger WITH/AT (target)), and there are other factors that will introduce some variety. Currently there are 2 verb tiers and 4 special ability add-ons (permanent scarring, commune, intercession, and sacrificing). Generally, unlocking from Tier 1 to 2 will be offered on occasion as a specialized service; however, the add-ons will be extremely rare and should be considered a pie-in-the-sky type of service.

The Tier 1 verbs on this dagger are:
    POUR - allows you to coat the dagger in certain specific substances from the food system and some of the old "ritual potion" items; or clean it.
    PULL - to draw ritual circles.
    POINT - traces a pattern over the skin.
    WAVE - to draw patterns that "hang" in the air.

The daggers come in 3 different flavors: default, Arkati, and custom. This dagger is set up as default, and it cannot be toggled to the other flavors. The ability to allow toggling will be offered on occasion.

Aesthetic alterations are perfectly acceptable -- the dagger must remain a dagger-appropriate item. You are able to have both a long and a show. It is highly recommended that you keep any long descriptions brief.

Tier 2 Info
    The Tier 2 verb info will show up in ANALYZE as:

The Tier 2 verbs on this dagger are:
    POUR - allows you to coat the dagger in certain specific substances from the food system and some of the old "ritual potion" items; or clean it.
    PULL - to draw ritual circles. You can also convert "circular stain" items to these circles.
    POINT - traces a pattern over the skin at the low grip; temporary scarring at middle grip. You can POINT without a target at mid-grip to toggle the scar/trace patterns - there is hand differentiation.
    WAVE - to draw patterns that "hang" in the air.
    CLENCH - lets you toggle your grip on the dagger. In the right hand, this will change your grip level. In the left hand, this will change the "flavor" of the dagger and will let you access -- if you have it set up -- any custom wording.
    TURN - purely fluff
    NUDGE - allows you to cut your palm or someone else's palm, among other things.
    CLEAN - lets you clean any coating on the dagger in a fancier way than pouring.

Random Info
    Note above that CLENCH toggles between flavors if your dagger is able to toggle between them; if it isn't, then CLENCH just lets you change your "grip" (for verb output purposes) on the dagger.

Flavor Info
    Flavors -- the Arkati-flavored daggers work off of the Arkati that the user is converted to. If you want your dagger to have messaging for an Arkati that you aren't converted to, you'll be aiming for the custom flavor instead so that you can set it up with what you want.

Toggling between flavors is not a tier-related thing -- it's entirely separate. Sometimes it might come as part and parcel of a Tier 2 unlock; sometimes it won't. Yeah, I know -- confusion. But... overall, it allows for more options than if this wasn't an available toggle.

Daggers that let you toggle between the 3 flavors OR daggers that are set up as custom only will give analyze options to see what customizations can be set up:

RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - CUSTOMIZATIONS

HANGING RUNES PATTERN (WAVE):
    Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, you can use a show as well that includes the liquid material. Must make sense for hanging in the air, and bear in mind that it will be made out of a liquid like blood.
    This customization is not set up.

RITUAL CIRCLE/FLOOR PATTERN (PULL):
    Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, you can use a show as well. Must make sense for being drawn on the ground, and bear in mind that it will be made out of a liquid like blood or drawn in certain terrains like mud, dirt, snow, etc.

SCAR AND TRACE PATTERN (POINT):
    Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15 of the scar/trace pattern. Longs are okay to use. You can also specify an above-the-neck location and a preposition. Note that these will strictly follow guidelines and current alter/feature alteration rules.

CUSTOM NAME: This is simply for designating who any rituals/prayers are being made to. It is currently:
    not set

More Random Info
    Note in the above that the "liquid material" is just a placeholder for the liquid that's on the dagger... it doesn't mean you're customizing the liquid itself there

Water, whiskey, bourbon, and 'liquor' made from the food system (as well as one of the 'clear water' options from alchemy) will clean the dagger off. Currently blood, oil, ether, and grease can coat the dagger (the venom sold in G&GE will be able to, too -- later today anyway).

Temp and perma scars from this will currently show up in the tattoo area via LOOK. They generally won't function like tatts, though. I won't say more about what will or won't happen with these going forward, but they're going here instead of the feature fields (a la razors) for possible future reasons.

NUDGE is my favorite verb for these. By like oodles. I'll let you guys look-see what that's all about when some unlocked ones are running around, and if more info is wanted after there's been some exploring time, I'm happy to dole it out at that point.

The "sacrifice" add-on -- since it sounds semi-dire and probably needs a brief explanation: allows you to attempt to sacrifice yourself or a willing player target with your knife -- it can result in death, but it doesn't always. You can also summon a sacrifical animal, so to speak... for example, a goat... and use your dagger to sacrifice it in one of a few ways to your Arkati or however you have your dagger aligned. There's absolutely no mechanical benefit to this option, but due to its nature, it's currently heaped into 'not gonna happen often' area.

As mentioned in the initial analyze -- there are various factors that will introduce different messaging outputs -- sometimes this has to do with the target, whether the dagger is dirty (i.e. coated with something like blood) or clean, and in the higher tiers, if you have it held at a "low" grip or "mid" grip (or "high" for T3+), along with various other factors. As a result, it is extremely messaging heavy overall. I'll try and answer questions as they come up, but my suggestion is to play around with them, especially if you end up with an unlocked one (i.e. to Tier 2).

There will definitely be some unlockings to Tier 2 verbs. There will be either a perma scarring or a "sacrifice" dagger raffled during EG.

Also! (3) If you have a service pass, be sure to try the shark (you can thank Iceland for inspiring this gem) and the "lemonade" in the Cloud Niche area!

Not related, but the other lil' present will have to come later today rather than now, sorry!

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"

The shaggy mutt sniffs at a vine-painted mistwood keg, then grabs it in its teeth and greedily wolfs it down before anyone can grab it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Lydil
    Everyone has their own look. Their signature style. Their own unique fashion. But it is also true that none of those things are ever complete without a piece of headgear. For one is not truly dressed without a proper hat. Thus you are invited to stop by the Hattery this Ebon Gate, just look for the burgundy ramie silk pavilion up on Harborview.

Here you will find hats of many styles and colors that will fit you just right. If you need something a bit more customized to your individual tastes, then seek me out to have one tailored to just the look you need. Even without my attention, you will find dozens of feathers of a variety of colors and looks to adorn your hat. You can put a feather in your cap, and one on your look all at one time. However if you are in need of something else to suit your hat, then you too will be in luck, as I will be offering my millinery talents to customize them for you.

So come one, come all, and find that final item to complete your look. Even if it was not one you realized you need. As no one should be without a proper hat. To live that way is just madness.

~ M, Milliner Plenipotentiary and Hatter Extraordinaire

The Hattery offers scripted hats for sale off the shelf. These hats are fully scripted as is, so no unlocking is required. They can be customized, and altering them to have a SHOW will be a service being offered for the hats (they cannot have a LONG). All the feathers for sale can be put on the hats for sale here, or any compatible hats (what are known as Ezza Toppers). The feathers can be altered (15/15/15) to be another sort of adornment placed on a hat. Alterations to both hats and feathers will be offered behind the curtain at the Hattery.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kaikala
    Sooo.... info!:

Murk Manor carries Igaeshian Reader Divining Supplies. https://gswiki.play.net/Elanthian_Divination:_Dark_Elves gets into what an Igaeshian Reader is. If/when people start to get some escaping Igaesha, it should be pretty obvious that the symbols and some other bits and pieces -- like the whole concept of positional readings -- come straight out of a totally separate treatise written by Lylia.

The way this works with these items in particular is:
    Demon is summoned into a vial. Demon will eventually escape through the glass, leaving behind smoke patterns as it makes its escape. Diviners "read" the smoke and interpret from there.

The 'designated' reader is the original summoner of the demon -- he/she is the one who is able to read the smoke patterns. But the summoner -- if skilled enough -- can also put the demon to "sleep" (i.e. in a suspended state) via WHISPER. Anyone can then wake the demon up from the suspended state -- the person who does so becomes the new designated reader and will be the one who is able to 'read' the smoke so to speak. Once a demon is woken from a suspended state, it cannot be put back to sleep again. The designated reader can also WHISPER to 'set' an intention or purpose or similar that will be noted on the vial's tag.

How long the demon takes to escape can vary pretty wildly... it ranges anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 weeks of in-game time, though it's definitely weighted to stay under 24 hours. Tier 2 vials allow you to set an "alarm" via RUB -- if you're in-game when the demon escapes, in many circumstances, you'll get a message that it has done so even if it isn't where you might otherwise witness the escape.

Once the demon escapes, the smoke patterns are left behind for a fair amount of time (though eventually they will dissipate), and you can GAZE to get info about what symbols you can make out within that residual smoke patterning; Tier 2 also lets you OBSERVE for further info. Prior to the demon being summoned, you have the option of adding wax and/or positional arc reading elements (beads or notches) -- having these in place will net you extra info about the smoke patterns. You can PULL the info tag off of the vial once the demon escapes. You can CLEAN the vial at any point after the demon escapes... if there are still smoke patterns in the vial, this will effectively destroy them. Most vials allow you to clean them out 15 times for reuse before they need a really thorough scrubbing (i.e. recharging) to use them further -- this would either mean having a merchant 'recharge' it... or a sorcerer sufficiently skilled in these matters can CLEAN it. There will be some vials that are unlimited and won't need that thorough scrubbing.

Tags: tags hold some basic information about the reading. Before a demon is summoned, empty vials can have their tags switched out so that you can muck around with their aesthetics -- there are tags for sale in the manor that let you do this (those ones are unlimited -- you won't run out of the tags); or you can use the same paper type used with sealing wax -- you'll tear it up into a limited number of pieces to use for tags. Once the demon has escaped, you can PULL the vial to remove the tag. The tag then lets you write on it to add notes, and you can also 'seal' it so to speak so that no further changes can be made to the tag's notes... consider this sort of like making the info official.

Everything else item-wise is hopefully pretty self-explanatory. Definitely utilize ANALYZE for information on the various supplies as needed.

As far as the whole 'sorcerer with sufficient skill' for putting already-summoned Igaesha to sleep and cleaning the vials -- this is based on two skill sets -- Demon Summoning ranks and Divination Lore ranks. You do not need to have Divination Lore to do this if you've got enough Demon Summoning. If you fall into the 'traditional' reader status -- female Faendryl sorcerers -- the barrier to entry on ranks needed to do these things is much lower. Currently doing either of these requires quite a lot of ranks in Demon Summoning at minimum, but it's possible I'll drop that down a bit... TBD. As a note, none of this has anything to do with your chances of success at summoning an Igaesha into the vial -- doing that just requires normal use of 725/Minor Summoning -- if you end up summoning an Igaesha while you have a clean, empty vial in-hand, it will get funneled into the vial.

Associated services during EG: unlocking to Tier 2; summoning an Igaesha into one of your empty vials and putting it to sleep for you for later use. The 'merchant' for this shop is Drezda.

This is entirely the fault of the EG requests thread from earlier this year -- the idea of making the vials live in game a la Ordim and some comments following that by a few others. It's definitely a niche type item, but I hope those of you in that niche are able to find some joy from using them

~Kaikala

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    >>Can we get some more hopper teasers now that it seems the unlimited quiver has gone out?

No quiver was found.

Here are some highlights.

Unlimited quiver
    Trap card
    Permanent gold ring tattoo
    Spell knowledge mask for 1004
    Spell knowledge cloak for 503
    Chronoflare dagger
    Tent
    Gnome language band
    Wings (older gossamer ones)
    Cauldron
    Forehead gem
    Soulstone runestaff (lifekeep corpses one)
    Dance floor
    Nalea/Yfane gown
    Lanterns
    Lots of weapons, bows, shields, and armor

Wyrom, PM