Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Someone gathered these facts from Estild via the Discord:

Notes from Estild from Discord in regards to the Shimmer Trinkets
    https://discord.gg/qYnKfpD

* pinworn, non-functional
    * retains look after removing "trinket"
    * Can give trinket to others and retains the existing "look"
    * Can use it to appear naked if you wish.
    * Buy miltiple and create sets (wedding, costume balls, streaking, etc)
    * Do not have to continue wearing items that were saved for the look once saved
    * No specific way of knowing if someone is using a "shimmer" trinket
    * General availability at DR, pricing not dirt cheap, but under 10k scrip
    * Will have Aqua-Barbie Girl midi file integrated in FE to play automatically when worn (just kidding)
    Was excited until I saw this was really a DR item.

That's not EG but Solhaven storyline related.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Elidi
    G>glance
    You glance down to see an enameled metal box in your right hand and an eahnor dagger in your left hand.
    G>put dagger in my box
    You insert your eahnor dagger inside your metal box.
    G>turn my box
    You turn a dial on the side of your metal box to choose a plate style and set it for "segmented."
    G>turn my box
    You turn a dial on the side of your metal box to choose a plate style and set it for "flimsy."
    G>turn my box
    You turn a dial on the side of your metal box to choose a plate style and set it for "bejeweled."
    G>close my box
    You close an enameled metal box.
    G>push my box
    To make a pair of plates, your eahnor dagger will be destroyed. Are you sure you want to do this?
    [Please use this command again within 30 seconds to CONFIRM.]
    G>push my box
    Your metal box begins to vibrate and makes high-pitched, grinding noises. Sparks and metal shavings fly from narrow vents on each side of the box. After a few moments, the box feels considerably lighter.
    Roundtime: 15 sec.
    G>open my box
    You open an enameled metal box.
    G>look in my box
    In the metal box you see a pair of eahnor plates.
    G>get plate in my box
    You remove a pair of eahnor plates from in your metal box.
    G>look my plates
    The plates, which appear to be made from bejeweled eahnor, could be used when cobbling to make footwear that is:
    buckled with bejeweled eahnor bejeweled eahnor-buckled
    with bejeweled eahnor toes bejeweled eahnor-toed
    capped with bejeweled eahnor bejeweled eahnor-capped
    G>nod satisfaction
    You nod with satisfaction.

Many plate styles available and you can add your own custom settings. Visit The Glass Slipper to learn more!

~Elidi~
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Was excited until I saw this was really a DR item.
    Well, at least it'll be available at DR for BS and we won't be forced to do that EG paid event.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

5. Default

They should make that for forging slabs...............

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    They should make that for forging slabs...............
    NAWP.

Also, cobbling has no mechanical benefit to the game so we get a little more leeway to play. =p
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Elidi
    Do these work with metal only or will they also work with woods?
    They work with metals only. Light weapons and ingots sold in the shop.

Are the cobbling punches going to be offered again this year?
    There will be cobbling punches this year, including a new one that works on chopines.

G>push my chopine
    Pushing off of the floor with one foot, you succeed in balancing on the tiptoes of your towering fel chopines. You inch forward a few small steps before planting the pedestals of your chopines firmly back on the floor.
    G>lean my chopine
    Shifting your weight, you wobble slightly on your towering fel chopines and almost lose your balance.
    G>tilt my chopine
    With a slight tilt of your ankle, you elegantly display the fine craftsmanship of your towering fel chopines.

… are a few of the things you can do with your chopines after applying your hallmark punch.

So… we could make adamantine/kroderine/zelnorn plates if we had a dagger of each?
    No. As per ALTER 9:

Some rare materials might be restricted or simply not lend themselves to serving as an adornment for non-combat items. Black ora and white ora, for example, are reserved for weapons. Adamantine, coraesine, drakar, gornar, krodera, kroderine, rhimar, urglaes, urnon, zelnorn, and zorchar cannot be used due to their unique and innate qualities. These special materials can be used as adornments for combat items that share the material’s innate qualities.

There were alter fodder drops from recent simucoin events like balenite, alexandrite, laje, veniom and others, will those work in the box?
    Not at this time. Only light weapons of non-magical metals, or the ingots sold in the shop.

~Elidi~
    Combined several posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Well, at least it'll be available at DR for BS and we won't be forced to do that EG paid event.
    Just a different pay event...

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Just a different pay event...
    True, but I have bloodscrip saved up so I don't have to do -any- more paid events to stock up on these!

Blog Entries

Quote from GM Sindin regarding his dagger-based services: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone IV/Paid Events: Adventures, Quests, and SimuCoins/Ebon Gate Festival/view/12875

Quote Originally Posted by GM Sindin

Bubble flares for daggers only?

Yessssss. Very specific! Lots of uses for a dagger with these flares.

…any chance of adding a “make a dagger into a Poison Ambusher” raffle into that great big long laundry list of awesome dagger-ness?

Not this year. I’ve played quite a bit with ambush poisoning daggers, and they did not make my cut to try to offer at this EG. They are, in my experience, a novelty, practically speaking. I’ve never found them combat-useful. Major bubble flares, on the other hand, can keep a dagger-swinging rogue seriously protected from damage.

Please make sure any greaves analyze as leather or cloth so Ranger resistance can be added to them.

There are, indeed, separate steel and leather sets for sale off the shelf, and I’ll be able to pocket + script 20 sets.

Suddenly I care about daggers.

Mission accomplished!

I hope whoever does this asks the dying question when they get selected for the weighting. How much to go from 0 to 5000 service points on a dagger. Then post that quote. Would love to see how much that costs.

That will be up to them to share, but it will be a transparent process with the winner.

Daggers aren’t for everyone, but if they’re for you, hopefully this will make you happy!

I plan, as always, to do a lot of GALD, but I will also devote some more slower paced sessions for daggers only (mostly when I need a mental change of pace).

Sindin

Quotes from various GMs regarding their Ebon Gate offerings:

Quote Originally Posted by GM Hivala
    You ask, “Should we give them an idea of what fun things we are bringing to Ebon Gate this year?”

You give your leviathan a little tap on the head, causing its little noggin to bob up and down in a comical fashion.

You wind up your teal imflass leviathan several times and let it go. The teal imflass leviathan winds up and begins chiseling away at the gem. Working furiously, steam shoots out of its head, creating a thick cloud. After a moment, the cloud clears and the teal imflass leviathan brushes away the dust to reveal a perfectly cut jewel.

You remove a clam-cut baroque pearl from in your teal imflass leviathan.

GM Hivala

Quote Originally Posted by GM Thandiwe
    Pulling his eyes from the pier behind him, the Captain looked to the open waters and watched as the mists slipped past. Moonlight, stars, and the occasional cry from the crow’s nest were soon his companions on the three-masted vessel. He couldn’t help looking back, his eyes always finding the receding island. It was always just there, just at the edge of his vision. Soon, he knew, it would fade from even his keen eyesight. But it would be there when he returned, it would be waiting.

Drumming his fingers upon the brass railing that encircled this section of the deck, he listened as one of the nightshifts began to whistle one of his favorite sea shanties. A smile rippled through his manicured, red beard, and parting his lips, he answered the tune.

Over cloud, Borthuum sailed west,
    West, Lad-ees, westward, ho!
    Leave the winter, in heat we are best.
    Westward, lad-ees, west we go!

Borthuum, you jackjaw, you sparrow, you lark.
    Ease up, Lad-ees, ease up land lo!
    Pull on the trowels, the land has a spark.
    Ease up, Lad-ees, landward we go!

Tend the yardarms, keep the ropes in tow.
    Mind the lines, Lad-ees, heave ho!
    Ash in the air, there’s a volcano below.
    Heave, lad-ees, heave downward ho!

Borthum, you jackjaw, it’s storms near and far!
    Lash away, Lad-ees, lash and stow!
    Refit her with purpose, that ole Glaesen star!
    Sail away Lad-ees, now seaward go!

With a broad grin and a final thump on the railing, the Captain retired to the forecastle of his beloved ship. In his mind, the historians were already writing his own shanty and he enjoyed the enticing thoughts of finally obtaining that fame.

~~ Thandiwe ~~

Quote Originally Posted by GM Liia
    Hey, locksmith! Have you had to turn away customers because your shiny, new picks aren’t so shiny or new anymore? Do you long to hang out in the East Tower, earning tips (and occasionally blowing up your friends)? Have you considered changing your profession because you can’t find anyone to fix those really cool lockpicks you just can’t buy new anymore?

WELL, FEAR NOT!

Lucky locksmiths will be able to have their picks repaired during the festival!

Notes: This service will be offered to a limited number of people (you don’t actually have to be a locksmith, but I’m not sure why you collect broken lockpicks if you’re not) for a flat silvers fee. Time/date/distribution method will be announced later.

~Liia

… or, rather, your gear!

A few lucky people will be able to have their gear sanctified at the festival! Remember, only clerics and paladins can benefit from sancted gear, so if you’re not one of these professions, you may do yourself more harm than good by having this on your gear (since sancting can make other enhancements more difficult/costly).

Black ora is, obviously, excluded.

More info on distribution method(s) and costs later!

~Liia

We will be offering recharging of magic items during the festival. X/day items will NOT be eligible for this service. Cost will be in silvers.

I have nothing clever to add to this at this time, except to say I will be doing three, and there will be a one item per ACCOUNT limit at each session.

~Liia, too tired to be clever anymore tonight.

tl-dr: Gem cutters, a sneak peak about the Glaeson Star, Lockpick repairing, gear sanctification (no black ora), magic item recharging (no X a day items)
    Last edited by Fallen; 09-26-2017 at 08:37 AM.