Thread: Official: Elven Artist Contest for Player Artists

Blog Entries

Default Official: Elven Artist Contest for Player Artists

Quote Originally Posted by GM Galene
    As an accent to the upcoming Ta'Illistim Grand Arts Gala, I'm going to be running a real world elven artwork contest. We have so many talented player artists out there, so I thought this would be a lot of fun!

The deadline for the contest is Sunday, November 5th by 11:59 pm Eastern time. I will accept one contest submission per account, for all instances. The artwork must have something to do with the elven race as related to Gemstone IV, which can be interpreted however the artist likes!

Your artwork can be done in any form and via any medium that you want. Paintings, drawings, mixed media, sculptures, digital creations are all acceptable. Black/white or color is up to you. I'm open to anything you guys want to create and send in for consideration.

Please send all submissions to GS4-Galene@play.net with the title, "Grand Arts Gala Contest - Character Name" and make sure you provide the following details in the body of the email:

Account name
    Character name
    Title of your artwork
    Artist notes about the piece

There will be 1st and 2nd place winners, and each winning piece will be displayed on the Gemstone IV front page at some point in the future. We will need time to consider and vote on the submissions after the deadline, and winners will likely be announced on the forums sometime after the Gala. The 1st place winner will be able to select TWO items from the below list, and the 2nd place winner will be able to select ONE item from those remaining.

* 750 SimuCoins
    * 2 one-line Feature Alters
    * 2 General Item Alters
    * Custom Title
    * Custom Verb
    * Custom Swear

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Hearts!

~Galene

SGM of Subscriptions

This message was originally posted in Towns, Ta'Illistim. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/225/2501/view/2561
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

This message was originally posted in Towns, Ta'Illistim. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/225/2501/view/2561
    Something of this magnitude and all they can muster for a 1st place prize is 750 Simucoins... I lol'd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    Something of this magnitude and all they can muster for a 1st place prize is 750 Simucoins... I lol'd.
    You receive 2 prizes for first place.

I love when they hold these contests. Last time the submissions were all amazing.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Galene
    I'll be doing my best to review the artwork that comes in to make sure that it's art produced by the household/account that is submitting. If anything turns up as copied/stolen, the player would be removed from the contest immediately.

If someone wants to submit a spouse's piece, I suppose that's okay with it being a household account and all. I'd rather have people that play the game submit their own artwork for this, but we can't police entries to a ridiculous degree, either! Likewise, if someone has a friend doodle on a napkin for them, and that's what they turn in as their submission, there's no way for me to know otherwise.

I'll do my very best to get the winning artists' names on their works on the front page. I'm not the one that will be formatting that when it goes up, so I can't promise that we won't run into a problem, but hopefully we can manage that. They can have their names announced as the winners, if they want, when we post on the boards with the results.

The end game is to see some cool elven artwork, so I'm hopeful that's what we get.

~Galene

SGM of Subscriptions