Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns being seized due to Irma

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    To be fair though aren't most gun murders committed with hand guns? People only use AK-47s for deer hunting.
    You generally can't legally buy an AK-47 in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You generally can't legally buy an AK-47 in the United States.
    What are the big black scary assault rifle looking things then?
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    To be fair though aren't most gun murders committed with hand guns? People only use AK-47s for deer hunting.
    Yeah I think they are. AK's used for hunting? Not here. 4 shot capability at the max iirc. Yeah they make short mags but still I'll take my 30-30 over an AK any day of the week for derr hunting in FL. Up north (Colorado, Montana, etc) I'll take a .300 Win mag any day of the week. Hunted in Alaska with a 375 H&H Mag. AR and AK are for boobs hunting wise. They sure are fun to shoot though and if it came to self-defense or a fight against a tyrannical gov, I'll take 30 rounds a mag over 3.

Kinda baffling.
    What I don't get is...

"The Adjutant General is authorized and directed to seize arms, ammunition, explosives, incendiary material and any other property that may be required by the military forces for the performance of this emergency mission," the governor said in the order.
    Are they taking peoples' guns and shit because they don't have enough of their own or something?

"I know we're the military and all, but we're a little short on supplies. Like guns. And ammo. And stuff. Can we use yours?"
    Last edited by Methais; 09-06-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What I don't get is...

Are they taking peoples' guns and shit because they don't have enough of their own or something?

"I know we're the military and all, but we're a little short on supplies. Like guns. And ammo. And stuff. Can we use yours?"
    National Guards usually have the lower end of gear, behind active, and reserves... Especially being that USVI aren't even a state, they might be even further down, but I'd assume there are enough rifles to go around, maybe not super awesome M4s and stuff, but M16A1s and A2s can't be that scarce.

National Guards usually have the lower end of gear, behind active, and reserves... Especially being that USVI aren't even a state, they might be even further down, but I'd assume there are enough rifles to go around, maybe not super awesome M4s and stuff, but M16A1s and A2s can't be that scarce.
    So what is the motivation of seizing guns then?

Are the citizens of the USVI not protected by the US Constitution at all?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So what is the motivation of seizing guns then?

Are the citizens of the USVI not protected by the US Constitution at all?
    They are, but apparently things can be suspended during emergencies. They have their stated reason for seizing them, but I don't personally buy it. I'm hoping we'll have a story where the seized weapons are returned.