Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I'm an idiot (enchanting blunders)...

  1. #1

    Angry I'm an idiot (enchanting blunders)...

    I just fucking casted at a tempering perfect that took me like a week to fucking forge. So mad. Now its "locked". Someone on LNET said merchants will unlock locked enchanting projects. Is that true? Anyone have more information on this? Feel like such a dumbass, was not paying enough attention.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I just fucking casted at a tempering perfect that took me like a week to fucking forge. So mad. Now its "locked". Someone on LNET said merchants will unlock locked enchanting projects. Is that true? Anyone have more information on this? Feel like such a dumbass, was not paying enough attention.
    Merchants, Most Merchants, can indeed unlock locked enchanting projects. Just ask next time you visit a GALD merchant.

    This was stated on the officials, and alot of people weren't thrilled about the lack of clarity during this announcement on that new benefit to merchants

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I just fucking casted at a tempering perfect that took me like a week to fucking forge. So mad. Now its "locked". Someone on LNET said merchants will unlock locked enchanting projects. Is that true? Anyone have more information on this? Feel like such a dumbass, was not paying enough attention.
    Roughly 4 lines of code would have given you a warning and prevented this.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Roughly 4 lines of code would have given you a warning and prevented this.

    Well i'm not writing my own lich scripts. If you have one for this exact purpose, by all means LMK, i'll download the hell out of it from the repository. Even if it is only 4 lines.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Well i'm not writing my own lich scripts. If you have one for this exact purpose, by all means LMK, i'll download the hell out of it from the repository. Even if it is only 4 lines.
    I'm not referring to a player script. Though I can give you a wizard script real quick.

    Start:

    put prep 405
    waitfor you
    put cast at my %1
    match nottempered currently tempering
    match tempered ready to be enchanted
    matchwait

    nottempered:

    echo project not ready
    end

    tempered:

    put prep 925
    waitfor you
    put channel at my %1
    end
    Last edited by Neveragain; 09-05-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: thought I was pouring for a sec

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I'm not referring to a player script.

    Well do enlighten me then. I would love to know how to avoid this in the future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pacific Northwest - USA
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    I put the "currently tempered and ready to be enchanted" in bright highlighting on my enchanting wizard, and know to only channel 925 at that item when that highlight shows on a 405 on the item.
    ~ Just another Crazy Cat Lady, living the life. ~
    ~ Player of Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai, and plenty of others. ~

  8. #8

    Default

    I highlighted it as well, but the window was bigger or something and the text was at the right end of the screen, so I missed the highlighted yellow tempering text

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    I put the "currently tempered and ready to be enchanted" in bright highlighting on my enchanting wizard, and know to only channel 925 at that item when that highlight shows on a 405 on the item.
    that reminds me...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Well do enlighten me then. I would love to know how to avoid this in the future.
    There should be a check in their own code to prevent this. You have been enlightened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •