Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Trump Ends DACA

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    I never claimed or implied to have donated. In fact, I explicitly said "I don't support reparations as argued by many," specifically the notion of cash payments. That is, however, what most people generally think of. But okay, PB. You're desperately clinging to a fictional straw man you set up. Have fun with that.

    I already said: Society. Not individuals, not the descendants of those slave-owners. Regardless of whose family most directly benefited, much of the entire southern economy, in way or another, rested upon slavery, and the impact to the slave population, both in terms of the slaves themselves, but more importantly in 2017, their descendants, it's society that owes them a debt.

    And I already said, my way of addressing existing inequality would be a larger effort to help the underprivileged as a whole regardless of race. But thanks for proving, as always, that your reading comprehension and general intellect are as ridiculously poor as I've always asserted.
    Wait.. so your opinion is that reparations are dumb.. that we should instead just help the underprivileged regardless of what race they are?

    Aren't we already doing that via all the entitlement programs we spend money on?

    Also, I'm very disappointed in the lack of bold and underlines in your response. It makes me believe you aren't serious about it.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Please enlighten me, which part is it that I'm wrong about? The length, complexity, and inaccessibility of the immigration process to most poor Mexicans? That going through the process for legal citizenship is admitting to the government that your family came here illegally and can involve handing their address to DHS, which is a common dilemma for people applying?

    Or did you just want to go "nuh uhh you're wrong!!" because you feel that I am?
    Probably about the absolute lack of logic in your argument.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    One, the purpose of reparations is to help address the lingering consequences of slavery, which exist to this day in the form of various inequalities. Not to arbitrarily punish the descendants of those slaveowners. Most people didn't own slaves.

    Two, I'm pretty sure you've never paid a penny in your life towards reparations, either in the form of any kind of tax or willful donating to such a cause.

    Incidentally, I don't support the notion of "reparations" as argued by many, in the forms of cash payments to individuals, but efforts to help the underprivileged as a whole -- which are disproportionately black -- I absolutely support, regardless of race. Society itself unquestionably benefited from the exploitation of slaves, and those eventually-freed-but-disadvantaged slaves, and their disadvantaged descendants, deserve that inequality to be addressed, as it persists today, as you say, 150 years later. It's not "white people whose ancestors owned slaves" that are responsible; it's American society that's responsible.
    I wanted the last skit on reparations where they were reporting that the black people are all back to being broke because they were in a rush to give their money back to the white man, but most of that shit is copyright blocked so this will have to do.



    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I have an ancestor that was killed because she was a "witch", I also have ancestors that were murdered because they were Mormon. Give me free stuff now!
    Shit, I'm part Native American! I want my casino cut, but fuck that reservation noise. I want my piece, bitches!
    Last edited by subzero; 09-08-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Please enlighten me, which part is it that I'm wrong about? The length, complexity, and inaccessibility of the immigration process to most poor Mexicans? That going through the process for legal citizenship is admitting to the government that your family came here illegally and can involve handing their address to DHS, which is a common dilemma for people applying?

    Or did you just want to go "nuh uhh you're wrong!!" because you feel that I am?
    It's not that you're wrong or right. It's that we have poor citizens already, you'r audacity to basically say "Sorry homeless American's you're just not poor enough so we are going to add more poor people for you to compete with in the job market. Suck it!" is pretty shitty to be honest.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Shit, I'm part Native American! I want my casino cut, but fuck that reservation noise. I want my piece, bitches!
    I'll trade you some of my paper reparations for some of your reservation land, sound like a deal?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I'll trade you some of my paper reparations for some of your reservation land, sound like a deal?
    Except for the fact that for the most part, Indians on reservations don't own their own land, it's in a Federal government trust. They can't sell it, can't pass it on and a whole bunch of other inane restrictions.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Except for the fact that for the most part, Indians on reservations don't own their own land, it's in a Federal government trust. They can't sell it, can't pass it on and a whole bunch of other inane restrictions.
    You're right, I should get permission from the government the next time I score some grass.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I'll trade you some of my paper reparations for some of your reservation land, sound like a deal?
    I don't want anything to do with the reservation, damnit! Currently, among other things, it's basically no reservation life = no casino cash. I just want my casino dough.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I don't want anything to do with the reservation, damnit! Currently, among other things, it's basically no reservation life = no casino cash. I just want my casino dough.
    Who doesn't want casino dough?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Who doesn't want casino dough?
    Roulette, learn to clock the wheel and the dealer spinning, just don't be obvious about it. Can get all the casino dough you want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •