Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Ends DACA

Arrow Trump Ends DACA

In six months, which will be March of 2018, Trump will begin deporting the Dreamers. The announcement was -- politically inexplicably -- designed to stretch the termination of the program over a two year period. That means the last of the Dreamers will face deportation no later than March of 2020. Congress could stop it. But that seems less than likely. Members of Congress are already talking about immigration reform that is far more expansive, and thus far less likely to pass, than a mere fix for the Dreamers.

The Department of Homeland Security said it would no longer accept new applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, which has provided renewable, two-year work permits to nearly 800,000 dreamers. The agency said those enrolled in DACA will be able to continue working until their permits expire; those whose permits expire by March 5, 2018, will be permitted to apply for two-year renewals as long as they do so by Oct. 5.

New applications and renewal requests already received by DHS before Tuesday will be reviewed and validated on a case-by-case basis, even those for permits that expire after March 5, officials said. Also, the agency said it will no longer issue “advanced parole” notices allowing DACA recipients to travel abroad and reenter the country. Previously issued parole notices will be honored through their specific time period, officials said, and those who have applied for notices that have not yet been processed will receive a refund for associated fees.

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

After AG Sessions made the announcement, Trump issued a written statement. Then Obama issued his own written statement.

I feel sorry for Obama that he doesn't have anywhere better to post than on Facebook. Would any of you object if I send him an e-mail telling him he can start posting here? I could have some good arguments with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    After AG Sessions made the announcement, Trump issued a written statement. Then Obama issued his own written statement.

I feel sorry for Obama that he doesn't have anywhere better to post than on Facebook. Would any of you object if I send him an e-mail telling him he can start posting here? I could have some good arguments with him.
    obama's statement = tl;dr.

Whhhaaaat? Revisit?

5. Default

(AOL) Fifteen states and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit on Wednesday to block President Trump's decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program protecting some young undocumented immigrants from deportation who were brought to the U.S. as children.

The lawsuit was filed in the Eastern District of New York with the plaintiffs listed as New York, Massachusetts, Washington, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.

farts
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

sharts

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post

He doesn't need a platform. For 5 years these kids (a good portion of who are over 18 now), have had the opportunity to start the process of becoming U.S. citizens. I've heard of a few who took that option but most haven't even after legal age so their parents don't get deported. So how exactly is giving someone 5 years and then actually enforcing the law a bad thing? I sort of feel bad for them but the ones that lacked any initiative to do it right while they had a grace period, I have no sympathy for.

lol I bet time4fun is losing her shit somewhere over this. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Crash187 View Post
    but most haven't even after legal age so their parents don't get deported.
    How shocking that many young people wouldn't be eager to trade their parents lives for their own future.