Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering returning. Been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    There is also no reason to carry your entire inventory on your person
    I keep trying to tell Archales this.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

You're going to find a lot of mechanical, as well as rp, changes in the game since you left. 99% of them are pretty awesome improvements. I'd suggest reading up on SMR on the wiki, they've made some great changes to allow pures better chances of evading cmans that take spell training into account. You'll also find that sorcerers are more fun to play than 10 years ago, especially with the changes to your spell circle and the implementation of ensorcell.

It's a good time to get back into playing if you enjoyed the game, regardless of the current state of simucoins. You are able to play the game without spending them, they just offer the chances to enhance your character mechanically and rp-wise that don't necessarily happen in other ways.

Definitely try coming back and see for yourself!
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

I have been playing on and off the past 10 or so years. I have to say right now it feels like server population and events are at an all time high for that period. I am having a blast with the game and can definately reccommend returning. GM team including the head GM Wyrom are working hard improving the game constantly. They have figured out how to extract more $$ from the playerbase using things like microtransactions and charging for events, but it is not absolutely necessary if you just want to play. If you want uber items and gear then you will likely start sinking some money into the game. People complain alot about this, but remember, the $$ goes to paying for a developer team and game designers to improve the game. So I have no complaints really. As for Sorcerers, alot has changed. There are some quality of life changes like all the extra benefits you get from training in mana controls (check the MANA verb), which I really love like multicast and mana spellup. Mana pulse is good for events like duskruin arena and reim.

As for encumberance, i dont know if they changed anything there. You should definately have locks on your containers and Phase them, however to reduce your weight. Unload everything you can. I am also bad about this on my Bard, he carries too much junk all the time, and I really have to force myself to unload stuff into lockers to keep at 0 encumberance. Post your training if you decide to come back, you will have a fixskill and we can help make sure you are setup for CM defense. I dont die to CMs that often on my 56 Wizard and my 59 pure bard. But i try to keep their encumberance to a minimum since I was dying alot to CMs when encumbered.

If you want to pick up boxes, you can do so, just try to start with 0 encumberance and unload your boxes at the Town Smith (automated locksmith, dont tell rogues you use it) every time you come back form a hunt to get back to 0 encumberance for your next hunt.

Anyways feel free to ask questions, I have a 50 sorc too, although I have stopped playing him as of late unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    People complain alot about this, but remember, the $$ goes to paying for a developer team and game designers to improve the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tenlaar again.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Kraydak21 View Post
    I also have no idea what the apparent micro-transaction system is all about but have read a little about it on here, I don't understand how it works or why they'd take that approach. I played GS as a 10 year old, back in the AOL days around 1992 or so at first and can remember getting yelled at for the $250/mo AOL connection fee by my parents.

After it migrated to GS IV I always kept my account standard and only went to a few events. Are the micro's a big thing now? How much, on average, are people paying in those in addition to normal account fees?

-Kraydak
    Simu wants to (and pretty much is) phase out silvers as a way to directly attain high end items because they want you to fork over hundreds/thousands in cash to do a special Simucoin only grind for said high end items.

If you want good gear at some point, start stocking your piggy bank. I'd probably recommend several piggy banks.

Sorcerers are in a really good place right now though.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-05-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    People complain alot about this, but remember, the $$ goes to paying for a developer team and game designers to improve the game.
    No. No it does not. Since I can't do it, slap the shit out of yourself for trying to spread this nonsense. The number of people that actually get paid to work on the game are very, very few. It's one of the big fundamental problems they have as a company, in my opinion.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    No. No it does not. Since I can't do it, slap the shit out of yourself for trying to spread this nonsense. The number of people that actually get paid to work on the game are very, very few. It's one of the big fundamental problems they have as a company, in my opinion.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

I keep saying Simu could make a fortune giving speeches about how to get people to work for free.

One of their best lines is their defense to not hiring a full time coder; "but then our unpaid GMs would be upset because they aren't being pad."

So basically "Trust us, you don't want to get paid. That would destroy morale. You don't want to be the one that destroys morale, do you?"

I am not being sarcastic.

The company has employees, even if it is few. you still have to consider overhead, billing, support, and other paid positions. Even if they manage to get alot of volunteer work, that does not mean the company has no costs. I also cant imagine there are 0 paid employees working on GS4, if that is what you are implying.

Anyways, case in point OP. People like to complain ALOT about GS4 making money.