Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Considering returning. Been a long time.

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's what you took away from that comment? Not that they make enough money from GS + DR to literally fund an entire team of art developers and music composers and coders to work on other games but can't spare enough money to hire one full time coder to work on GS to bring us long awaited projects?

    No one was "making" them do anything. People were upset, again, at the ever increasing number of microtransactions and were upset, again, that the money was not going back into GS. Solomon took it upon himself to justify the prices by saying they needed the money to strike it rich in the mobile gaming world and that oh yeah, they have to worry about things like office space, office furniture, and fire extinguisher inspections.
    How is money not going into GS? I love how you tend to ignore what is actually happening (like regular development updates nearly every month), and just say they dont invest any time or money in the game. You tend to ignore what is actually happening in front of you. Not to mention all the work they do on pay events, which yes generates revenue, but also generates fun minigames, storylines, and items for the playerbase. Or does that not count? Does updating spells, game mechanics, crit weighting, etc. also not count? Because you dont like the specific changes? Or because you think it was so easy a kid could have coded it? You make it sound as if they are letting the game stagnate and then dumping all the money into new projects. While they are investing heavily in new projects, the game is improving alot. There have been alot of great updates since I came back about 4 months ago.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 09-05-2017 at 05:38 PM.

  2. #42

    Default

    Geezus, guys... is this really the thread for this? I'm all for grousing over the simucoin thing, but you're influencing a potential returning player and it would be better if he discovered it for himself.

    I love you guys, but bad form. =(
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Geezus, guys... is this really the thread for this? I'm all for grousing over the simucoin thing, but you're influencing a potential returning player and it would be better if he discovered it for himself.

    I love you guys, but bad form. =(

    This was definately not my intention, but I cant stand by when people endlessly bash Simu claiming they do nothing for improving the game. If you go back to my post, thats exactly the oposite of what I was saying. IMO they are managing the game well as of late, even if they are earning more money.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    How is money not going into GS? I love how you tend to ignore what is actually happening (like regular development updates nearly every month), and just say they dont invest any time or money in the game. You tend to ignore what is actually happening in front of you.
    I love how you tend to ignore what I actually said and instead reply to something I never said. I didn't say they don't "invest time or money in the game", I said people were upset about the ever increasing number of microtransactions and paid events and that THAT money wasn't going back into the game. Because as Solomon himself admitted the money goes towards paying these music composers and their "large (and very exceptional) art department." You think those music composers and "large art department" is working on GS?

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Not to mention all the work they do on pay events, which yes generates revenue, but also generates fun minigames, storylines, and items for the playerbase.
    No shit they work on pay events, that was my whole point. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Or does that not count? Does updating spells, game mechanics, crit weighting, etc. also not count? Because you dont like the specific changes? Or because you think it was so easy a kid could have coded it?
    My God. Strawman alert over 10,000 mega joules!

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    You make it sound as if they are letting the game stagnate and then dumping all the money into new projects.
    They aren't letting the game stagnate but they sure as fuck are dumping all the money into new projects. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this.

    And yeah, they've done some awesome things the past couple of years, but so far most of what they have done this year has been pretty uninspiring if you discount all of the things motivated by microtransactions/paid events.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Geezus, guys... is this really the thread for this? I'm all for grousing over the simucoin thing, but you're influencing a potential returning player and it would be better if he discovered it for himself.

    I love you guys, but bad form. =(
    The guy himself asked about microtransactions and paid events. Are we not supposed to discuss the questions the guy asked because the truth might turn him away?
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    This was definately not my intention, but I cant stand by when people endlessly bash Simu claiming they do nothing for improving the game.
    I can't stand people who do nothing but engage in strawmans all day because they can't formulate a coherent on topic argument.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  7. #47

    Default

    Guys, Stillfront filings already suggest that Simu's strategy is to "use revenue from existing games to fund future projects."

    Also, the only way they could re-invest back into Gemstone is if they pay their GMs more money. This is actually what I'm super curious about, exactly how much money do GMs get per hour of work? and are they getting a cut from all these micro-transactions?

    From how the recent Smithy roll out was handled I don't even think Wyrom is the main coder for GS, there's someone much more adept at the Gemstone language than him who does the heavy legwork (again purely speculation but some evidence points to this.)

  8. #48

    Default

    I can't stand people who do nothing but engage in strawmans all day because they can't formulate a coherent on topic argument.

    Yah i'm done here. But congrats on your handy straw man retort that you love to use when someone argues with you about something you dont like. And you claiming GS does not invest money back into the game is not a straw man argument. You said it about ten times, i merely showed you examples of how they ARE working on the game. That is called presenting counter-examples of your argument that they are not doing dev work on the game. Which you implied when you said they have no fulltime coder and are not working on "long awaited projects".

    Guys, Stillfront filings already suggest that Simu's strategy is to "use revenue from existing games to fund future projects."


    Yes, that is the strategy of nearly every game studio ever. Sitting on one game and reinvesting all your money back into just that one game until the end of time is not the best strategy if you want to make $$. If you are doing it as a hobby, or volunteer thing, sure. But I think Simu and Stillfront are in the business of making money...?
    Last edited by nocturnix; 09-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    [/COLOR]Yah i'm done here. But congrats on your handy straw man retort that you love to use when someone argues with you about something you dont like.
    "Good job on using the term 'strawman' correctly! I don't understand why you don't just argue against the points I made up that you made to begin with!!!!" Are you also Stumplicker or what? Cause you sure are sounding like him at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    And you claiming GS does not invest money back into the game is not a straw man argument. You said it about ten times, i merely showed you examples of how they ARE working on the game.
    I didn't say they aren't investing time or money into this fucking game. Go on. Quote me. Quote me just once saying Simu isn't investing time or money in this game. Oh right. You're "done here" so we can't expect you to be a man and back up your pathetic fucking arguments.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    "Good job on using the term 'strawman' correctly! I don't understand why you don't just argue against the points I made up that you made to begin with!!!!" Are you also Stumplicker or what? Cause you sure are sounding like him at the moment.



    I didn't say they aren't investing time or money into this fucking game. Go on. Quote me. Quote me just once saying Simu isn't investing time or money in this game. Oh right. You're "done here" so we can't expect you to be a man and back up your pathetic fucking arguments.
    No you said you cant stand how they are using money to fund new projects meanwhile the game doesnt even have a full-time coder. Then I mentioned examples of game improvements they did recently, to refute your assertion that they are not reinvesting (in your opinion enough) in game development. Or did I miss something here? How is that a straw man argument. Please do tell.

    Oh right, and you wanted a quote:

    Not that they make enough money from GS + DR to literally fund an entire team of art developers and music composers and coders to work on other games but can't spare enough money to hire one full time coder to work on GS to bring us long awaited projects?
    There is you claiming they dont reinvest enough in GS. Jeez, gettin all nitpicky about it. ;-)
    Last edited by nocturnix; 09-05-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •