Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Official: Stillfront Q2, Record Gemstone Profits

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    As an aside, can someone explain to me how the fuck we ended up with Aelotoi and Erithrians in my Tolkien genre video game? What brilliant mind squeezed out this gentle fart of an idea and thought it was an improvement? More than that, who the fuck agreed with them?

They should seriously discontinue these species altogether. Yeah, just go ahead and call me racist.
    From what I remember, they said they didn't want to go the catgirl/furry route like DR did. The Aelotoi are clearly the result of someone with a fairy fetish, though, and Erithians were just an excuse to have katanas. I don't recall if DR's Elothians predate our Erithians.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-10-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Did Whirlin become a Simu cheerleader around the same time the safe space forums opened up or was I just not paying attention all these years?
    That's what I'm wondering too.

Defending a particular move made by Simu because you think they did a good job for once is one thing, hell I've done it myself sometimes. Attempting to defend their actions of not putting much money back into GS, when there is almost universal agreement that Simu SHOULD put more money back into GS, is quite another. Seriously, this is like the only thing the PC has come close to 100% agreement on, even on the official forums it was nearly 100% agreement the last time this topic came up as well, you know if you don't count the names in blue.

I'm almost convinced Wyrom is Whirlin and he has been playing the long con this entire time. Just think about it, both names start with W!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-10-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So your defense of Simu is sure they are acting shitty and treating their employees and customers like shit, but a lot of companies do that too so who cares?

And people say Simu needed to get away from the PC because we set a bad example for the company.

Not to mention the obvious; their current business model for GS is NOT working, otherwise they would not be resorting to more and more microtransactions and pay events. Once upon a time this game had NO fees at all, it was "free" to customers on AOL/Prodigy/whatever. Then it moved to the web for a flat fee of 9.99. Then they added on a premium feature. Then they started having pay events. All the while the population of the game is shrinking and shrinking, presumably so is their profit margins. To increase those profit margins do they reinvest in the game to maybe try and attract more customers or get old customers to come back? No. They just keep adding more and more EXTRAS in an attempt to make that lost revenue back.

The idea that a company like Comcast isn't constantly upgrading their infrastructure and offering more and more base services to their base monthly fee and is instead using all of that money in an attempt to create an entirely new business all the while effectively ignoring their paying customers is bogus. Yes, I just used Comcast as an analogy where Comcast is the good guy and Simu is the bad guy. Let that sink on for a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What sounds better for a game...a lot of people paying a little, or a handful of people paying a lot?

Simu has made no secret that they don't do any real advertising (we even paid for that too on here a few years ago because Simu won't). They've done some things recently to try and bring old players back, but the whole time they should have been looking to make the population explode to where even if everyone was just a basic sub with no microtransactions they'd still turn a hefty profit.

People have been suggesting integrating the game into Facebook for years now, which would almost definitely pay off considering there are like a billion people on it, but Dave is just too cheap and short sighted to do anything unless he can get it done either for free or for less than illegal alien wages. I was hoping he'd eventually sell GS to someone who gives a fuck but he managed to find someone even worse than himself to hand it over to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsanvil
    So they go tell their friends. "hey this is good shit come try it!" Then the friends come and say "hey this is good shit! I am going to tell my friends!" Then you grow your business. You don't grow by just feeding mediocre shit to people for as long as they will eat it. Then just letting your business die. Thats like the stupidest business model ever.
    When presented with enough data to the contrary, you should let go of your pet theories.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    When presented with enough data to the contrary, you should let go of your pet theories.
    I swear 99% of your posts read like fortune cookies.

I'm just going to start adding "in bed" at the end of your posts.

"When presented with enough data to the contrary, you should let go of your pet theories in bed."

Speaking on behalf of the B-halves of your lovers, I cannot endorse that reading strongly enough.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I swear 99% of your posts read like fortune cookies.

I'm just going to start adding "in bed" at the end of your posts.

"When presented with enough data to the contrary, you should let go of your pet theories in bed."
    Don't forget the lucky numbers.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible