Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Stillfront Q2, Record Gemstone Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Never! Level cap for life!
    160 though right? I miss having a 700+ CS.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Huh. Simu's the developer for the big product launch they have: Siege: Titan Wars. Already has 1.5 million downloads as of Aug 28 (so about over 2.5 months) - and they hadn't launched in China yet.

Gotta admit, think this corporate strategy is working.

Maybe the question we need to be asking is whether revenues from the mobile game will be funneled into GS development?

Quote Originally Posted by Kembal View Post
    Maybe the question we need to be asking is whether revenues from the mobile game will be funneled into GS development?

Blog Entries

Huh. Simu's the developer for the big product launch they have: Siege: Titan Wars. Already has 1.5 million downloads as of Aug 28 (so about over 2.5 months) - and they hadn't launched in China yet.

Gotta admit, think this corporate strategy is working.

I'd be interested in finding out how much they earn off of their mobile games, but even with potentially millions of downloads it could wind up being very little total profit. 60% of mobile revenue is from %0.13 of players. They've been in the mobile business for... 7ish years? I think if they were planning on re-investing in GS it would have happened long ago.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Malisai View Post
    Which is funny since thats exactly what the SF report outlines. use established games with high loyalty customers to fund other games and hope one of those becomes a block buster.

Another note: Exceptional customer loyalty and ARPU (average revenue per user).

Simutronics contributed greatly to the growth of SF, revenue of 5.3ish. Good EBITDA margin, and im guessing they arnt carrying much debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    GS revenue doesn't even go back into GS much less DR. It usually goes toward funding some shitty mobile game that nobody buys because it sucks.
    This is a well-defined software development strategy. Setup a "cash cow", put only enough funds into the product to keep it relevant and on life support while you use the funds it generates to develop your next "rising star" product. Once the new product is fully developed and released, and starts to generate revenue, you put the "cash cow" on life-support with no new development and milk it until it dies. Then your other product becomes the new "cash cow" and you repeat the cycle.

How do you think they fund development of new games? Go out and find new investors every single time?

Be happy that GSIV isn't fully life-support mode yet. They're still spending money to develop some new features here and there to keep it relevant enough for players to continue spending. It's getting close though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    This is a well-defined software development strategy. Setup a "cash cow", put only enough funds into the product to keep it relevant and on life support while you use the funds it generates to develop your next "rising star" product. Once the new product is fully developed and released, and starts to generate revenue, you put the "cash cow" on life-support with no new development and milk it until it dies. Then your other product becomes the new "cash cow" and you repeat the cycle.

How do you think they fund development of new games? Go out and find new investors every single time?

Be happy that GSIV isn't fully life-support mode yet. They're still spending money to develop some new features here and there to keep it relevant enough for players to continue spending. It's getting close though.
    That would be fine if Simu would just stop making excuses as to why they just can't afford a full time developer, and instead just say they don't want to drop the money on it because cocaine or whatever.

They try to make it sound like they have pennies left every month and just barely scrape by to keep the lights on, and everyone knows that's bullshit but they always double down on it anyway. It's nothing new with Simu, but that doesn't make it any less retarded, especially when nearly every significant new thing in GS is centered around massive cash grabs now while they tell us that numbers are up 487239034% this year and GS is doing better now than it's done in centuries and all that.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post

Or you spin it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I've always been a fan of this one....

Simu: We care about your feelings, semi-slave GMs. We won't dare hire a full time coder for GS because we understand how unfair that would make you feel that someone is being paid for all of your hard work.
    Simu: Hey, semi-slave GMs, we just hired a bunch of full time coders off of all of your hard work, but none of them work on GS so your feelings are spared.