Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: Official: Stillfront Q2, Record Gemstone Profits

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    What evidence do you have that it's NOT working?
    My evidence that their strategy of growing their revenue via their monthly subscriptions is failing IS the fact that they are engaging in an ever increasing number of paid events and micro transactions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    You're crying that it's failing, and yet the company is seeing record numbers in terms of profit.
    Record numbers in terms of profit? LOL. They make peanuts compared to the heyday of AOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    We have more active accounts than ever.
    What the hell are you talking about? Also when did you become Simu's spokesperson? You're just Wyrom 2.0 at this point.

    It's like having a mod from Simu as our PC mod.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-07-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    My evidence that their strategy of growing their revenue via their monthly subscriptions is failing IS the fact that they are engaging in an ever increasing number of paid events and micro transactions.

    Record numbers in terms of profit? LOL. They make peanuts compared to the heyday of AOL.

    What the hell are you talking about? Also when did you become Simu's spokesperson? You're just Wyrom 2.0 at this point.

    It's like having a mod from Simu as our PC mod.
    AOL days are long gone, the landscape was completely different, and gemstone was cutting edge technology back then. If you're really expecting that ANYTHING Simu does will EVER get us to those numbers, then Congratulations, you're more delusional than I took you for. I wouldn't look more than the last 3-5 years for comparison.

    I need some sources for all of your assertions in the numbers. What are you using for your basis beyond your own subjective reasonings? We've had record turnouts for free raffles, while yes, could have included alts, were enough people in one place to cause lag inside a town.

    Yes, I'm going with what Wyrom said because we have no other numbers to substantiate your claims. So, you haven't proven yourself right in any manner.


    >forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

    1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    AOL days are long gone, the landscape was completely different, and gemstone was cutting edge technology back then. If you're really expecting that ANYTHING Simu does will EVER get us to those numbers, then Congratulations, you're more delusional than I took you for. I wouldn't look more than the last 3-5 years for comparison.
    Nice backtracking.

    "I know I used terms like 'record profits', and 'more accounts than ever', but obviously I meant in the past 3 years. I can't believe you're so stupid to not realize that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I need some sources for all of your assertions in the numbers. What are you using for your basis beyond your own subjective reasonings? We've had record turnouts for free raffles, while yes, could have included alts, were enough people in one place to cause lag inside a town.
    Wait, are we going by just the past 3 years again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Yes, I'm going with what Wyrom said because we have no other numbers to substantiate your claims. So, you haven't proven yourself right in any manner.
    Wait, Wyrom is the one saying record profits and most active accounts ever? Holy shit, this is more retarded than I thought.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  4. #34

    Default

    Whirlin has too much invested into the game to not be a puppet spokesperson. I'm actually shocked Methais isn't doing the same with the amount of playtime invested; an Italic with a backbone wow.. I better play my lucky numbers tomorrow.
    Last edited by Duskruin; 09-07-2017 at 10:36 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Nice backtracking.

    "I know I used terms like 'record profits', and 'more accounts than ever', but obviously I meant in the past 3 years. I can't believe you're so stupid to not realize that."

    Wait, are we going by just the past 3 years again?

    Wait, Wyrom is the one saying record profits and most active accounts ever? Holy shit, this is more retarded than I thought.
    Sorry, I thought that you weren't pants on head retarded to try to compare the landscape of MMOs in 2017 compared to 1987.
    But, I guess it's all Wyrom's and Duskruin's fault for losing all of those people in 1988 because they knew that duskruin was going to come out, causing them to lose all of their accounts, right? Isn't that what you're now arguing? Their microtransactions now are killing the game and making it not live up to it's hayday 30 years ago!


    >forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

    1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Sorry, I thought that you weren't pants on head retarded to try to compare the landscape of MMOs in 2017 compared to 1987.
    But, I guess it's all Wyrom's and Duskruin's fault for losing all of those people in 1988 because they knew that duskruin was going to come out, causing them to lose all of their accounts, right? Isn't that what you're now arguing? Their microtransactions now are killing the game and making it not live up to it's hayday 30 years ago!
    lol

    So in Wyrom and Whirlin land GS didn't exist until Wyrom become the PM, and therefore it's okay to use terms like "record profits" and "most active accounts ever" to only go back as far as a couple of years before Wyrom became the PM?

    Whatever you need, Whirlin. Whatever you need.

    The narcissism on display here rivals only that of which the media portrays Trump with.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    lol

    So in Wyrom and Whirlin land GS didn't exist until Wyrom become the PM, and therefore it's okay to use terms like "record profits" and "most active accounts ever" to only go back as far as a couple of years before Wyrom became the PM?

    Whatever you need, Whirlin. Whatever you need.

    The narcissism on display here rivals only that of which the media portrays Trump with.
    I'm still waiting for evidence that we have less paid accounts than since microtransactions and F2P became a thing to substantiate your initial claims.

    Ohh wait... microtransactions caused the mass exodus in 1992, I forgot that's how your timetable works.


    >forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

    1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I'm still waiting for evidence that we have less paid accounts than since microtransactions and F2P became a thing to substantiate your initial claims.
    I'll do that as soon as you quote me ever saying such a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Ohh wait... microtransactions caused the mass exodus in 1992, I forgot that's how your timetable works.
    I'll comment on this as soon as you quote me saying that as well.

    Yes, I'm gonna say it again, STRAWMAN!
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    You're misinterpreting profit... Reinvestment comes as an expense, which is calculated BEFORE profit. So by turning a profit, that's the leftover cash AFTER any investments.


    This is a problem with capitalism in general. This is absolutely no different than the relationship between employees/employers in other for-profit companies. As far as customers are concerned, as long as they keep paying, they're customers, regardless of investment. If you can keep selling shit, and if people keep paying for shit, you'll keep making shit, why invest in shit +1 if they're happy buying shit? If the market continues to bear any changes that you've implemented, you're fine.
    Semantics aside, it's pretty clear that for the most part, money does not go into GS, it only goes out.

    I think the sentiment here is that while simu may be making money off its current business model, they could arguably be making much, much more of it if they wanted to re-invest a small amount and start looking to grow GSIV versus literally anything else. In addition, it would have the added bonus of not alienating their sole source of income. While this is a niche market, I think it could be much larger than it is with minimal effort on their part. We all love this game despite its numerous flaws but I hate to think of it ending because they eventually cross the threshold of milking their population dry.

    Also, for what its worth, Destiny 2 has been getting hammered lately (https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/7/162...bright-engrams) because of the inclusion of small micro trans in the game relating to shading (coloring your gear). If <InsertGameReviewingWebsiteHere> looked at GSIV, they'd lose their minds. So little that goes on with this game makes sense when you step outside the tiny and fanatical bubble that is GSIV. It's depressing to hear you defend it
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    20,937
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Simu's......Cock... firmly... planted.... down... Whirlin's.... throat.

    Dude, are you seriously arguing that they are putting even a decent portion of the money they make from GS back into it? The fucking new character creation screen still says "Savant: Coming Soon!" They can't even update their own fucking forums to have these tagging features that Wyrom was bitching about not being here. I mean, seriously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •