Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Helpful tidbits

Default Helpful tidbits

UPDATES IN PROCESS:
    Gather/STore List
    LOOK <name> <item>

I'm sure I will add this as more come to mind, but I wanted to start a thread for useful verbs or tricks that may not be as well known or are just handy!
    I have meant to start something like this for a while, every time I have a "I've played for x years and just NOW learn this?!" moment.

MEASURE can be used to see how many hides are in a bundle (I know there are other uses but this is the one I use)

GO <player name> TABLE will take you to the table a person is at, instead of having to figure out what table name they are at.

*RUMMAGE* https://gswiki.play.net/RUMMAGE_(verb)
    RUMMAGE <container> INGREDIENT <jar contents> will let you grab a jar with a specific ingredient. example "RUMMAGE CLOAK INGREDIENT DIAMOND" will get the jar with diamonds from my cloak. NOTE the word "ingredient" can NOT be abbreviated

RUMMAGE <container> SPELL <spell # or spell name> lets you grab a scroll with a specific spell. example "RUMMAGE MY SATCHEL SPELL 102"

You can use the verb PAY at the locksmith without having to specify the amount

GAZE LINE will let you see where you are in room order
    You gaze around the area and note that you are first in line.
    You gaze around the area and note that **** is directly in front of you.
    Last edited by Ososis; 02-12-2019 at 02:50 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

You need to type in, on, under, or behind after RUMMAGE.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

If you use scrolls, you can RUMMAGE the container you keep them in to locate a specific spell, which I find extremely handy...

>rummage my sat spell 102
    You rummage through a smoky grey suede satchel clasped with a fireleaf scroll and remove a black essence rose-painted scroll with Spirit Barrier scrawled upon it.
    >rummage my sat spell bravery
    You rummage through a smoky grey suede satchel clasped with a fireleaf scroll and remove a crimson leather prayerbook embossed with a silver fist with Bravery scrawled upon it.

*Note that it works both with the spell number or spell name, and at least with rummaging for scrolls, you don't have to use in, on, under, or behind

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    You need to type in, on, under, or behind after RUMMAGE.
    Worked for me without it, though it's good to know it can be better specified. I am new to the rummagery, I will have to play with it more.

!>rummage backpack ingredient fang
    You rummage around the black leather backpack and remove a thick glass jar containing urglaes fangs.
    !>
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

You can direct your smiles just like you can speech. That way if the person you want to smile at walks away, it doesn't make you look like an idiot.

SMILE ::<name>
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

I highly commend adding CTRL + numpad macros that peer in different directions. So CTRL numpad 4 is peer west, CTRL numpad 5 is peer out, CTRL numpad period is peer up, etc. It's very easy to see what other rooms look like without being in them.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Put a white flask in your disk.

Blog Entries

Never go out without a towel.

;alias setup

Can make anything you want be a trigger for anything you want.

I could make typing "burn" cast immolate.

9. Default

SORT AUTO HEAD
    Stop wearing your boots on your head.

STORE/READY/GIRD/SHEATH
    I find these useful to setup on any new character.

For example:
    READY WEAPON maul

Will make 'GIRD' automatically equip my maul no matter what container it is in.

You can use STORE SET to indicate what sheath you want to use for your weapon so that when you use 'SHEATH' it will put it in the right spot. Also 'STORE ALL' will stow/store everything in your hand.

DEPOSIT ALL at the bank teller will deposit all coins and notes you have on you. (Note: it will not deposit notes in closed containers, which is useful if you have a note you do not want deposited automatically.)
    Sadly this is one of those commands I only learned about a year or so ago.

Blog Entries

STOW is another useful one to set on a new character.

https://gswiki.play.net/STOW_(verb)

The page has a link to the verbs mentioned above as well. The syntax can be a bit tricky to set up.
    Last edited by Fallen; 09-06-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites