Thread: mage rechargable 1750, persists

Default mage rechargable 1750, persists

Is this even possible for a wizard to recharge? (I mean being so much mana)

What about a recharging crystal, would that be of use on this item.

I welcome any thoughts re: value, thx

Also, its tap activated, which I think is the best activation method for 1750. (the tap gives a +25 to success, which gives you a better chance of getting unlimited casting and even if you dont get unlimited casting, it always gets you one extra cast, which gives you double tap duration [which is better than rub duration])
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post

I welcome any thoughts re: value, thx

Also, its tap activated, which I think is the best activation method for 1750. (the tap gives a +25 to success, which gives you a better chance of getting unlimited casting and even if you dont get unlimited casting, it always gets you one extra cast, which gives you double tap duration [which is better than rub duration])
    I have no idea on the value... but in terms of recharging...

I'd be VERY hesitant to even try to recharge this as a capped wizard. However, if you take it to be merchant charged... a non-player rechargable item will degrade in max charges every time a merchant does it. A mage rechargeable one will never lose max charges.

... of course, it's been a couple of years since I've run into a merchant charger who was allowed to touch 1750. I used to get the lenses charged up all the time. I can't get it done any more.
    (Of

Is it that much different than charging ruby amulets? (also are ruby amulets no longer really possible to charge up?)

Is it that much different than charging ruby amulets? (also are ruby amulets no longer really possible to charge up?)
    They can be charged, but probably won't get more than like 10 charges in it if even that. No idea on 1750 but I'd guess that would be slightly easier since it's not a spiritual spell which are the hardest for wizards to charge.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

I generally add around 6 charges to ruby amulets as a capped wizard. Anything beyond that and the risk of greening them becomes to great (I still green some adding 6 charges to each).

I believe 1750 might take less mana but might be more 'difficult' do to being a 10 level higher spell. Not sure if that difficulty would be offset by 1750 being 'in sphere' for a wizard or not.

Probably something you could add maybe 5 charges to at a time (or fewer to reduce risk) that will eventually be greened or destroyed. It's super cool but you'll probably get more casts out of a merchant charged item (40 uses) than you would trying to keep this item going via charge item.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Blog Entries

Recharging crystal makes the most sense. It would allow the owner of one to fill the gaps of a spell he doesn't have with 1750 instead. I imagine there aren't too many crystal owners out there, though.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

130 225 430 and 425 are the best uses for the crystals, as they are no longer made in any form, 1750 is still available occasionally, from a purely practical standpoint.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Blog Entries

All of the treasure pool crystal lenses appear to be mage rechargable, just like blue crystals or small statues. So, may put a damper on the value.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

The most recent update to charm item does actually give us some idea of difficulty on items. If you cast 517 on a rechargable item, it'll give you a difficulty measure. It might be worth having someone check it out just to establish a baseline.

10. Default

Thanks all