Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey is racist

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Did you see how white those clouds were on the weather channel?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Give him some credit for trying to be a decent person.
    Wow...after all this time Wrathbringer still thinks I read his posts. Pretty pathetic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Wow...after all this time Wrathbringer still thinks I read his posts. Pretty pathetic.
    This news will absolutely devastate him, I'm sure.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Considering Harvey has confirmed that climate change is indeed real, FEMA should be working to relocate the population that has lost their homes to this tragedy to more inland locations. For the future our federal government should put into action, policies that will relocate our coastal populations 100+ miles inland. Rebuilding these ill planned metropolitan areas as they continue to be stricken by these super disasters will only lead to major future loss of life and resources. With yet another major hurricane on the horizon that's taking aim at US coastlines, it would only make sense to put these actions into play as soon as possible. Things are only bound to get worse before the earth's climate stabilizes to it's new norm, this transition could take 100's if not 1000's of years.

The US has approximately 1,680 miles of coastline in the Gulf. You want to abandon 168,000 square miles of valuable real estate? That's larger than the state of California. It would be smarter to let people make their own decisions. People would make better decisions if the government didn't have its thumb on the scales. The feds provide a federal subsidy to people in flood prone areas in the form of flood insurance provided by the federal government at lower than market rates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    The US has approximately 1,680 miles of coastline in the Gulf. You want to abandon 168,000 square miles of valuable real estate? That's larger than the state of California. It would be smarter to let people make their own decisions. People would make better decisions if the government didn't have its thumb on the scales. The feds provide a federal subsidy to people in flood prone areas in the form of flood insurance provided by the federal government at lower than market rates.
    There's no question that climate change impacts on our coastal regions will only worsen over the coming decades. These areas will no longer be above sea level once the climate stabilizes to it's new norm, any attempt to rebuild in these areas will only lead to future loss. It is preposterous to hold taxpayers accountable for these terrible decisions made by people who continue trying to live in these regions.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    There's no question that climate change impacts on our coastal regions will only worsen over the coming decades. These areas will no longer be above sea level once the climate stabilizes to it's new norm, any attempt to rebuild in these areas will only lead to future loss. It is preposterous to hold taxpayers accountable for these terrible decisions made by people who continue trying to live in these regions.
    You can't avoid natural disasters. Everybody's got something to deal with at one point or another whether it's hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    You can't avoid natural disasters. Everybody's got something to deal with at one point or another whether it's hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    In a sense this is not your normal natural disaster, we know these areas will no longer be above sea level in the future. We can find ancient ruins around the globe that are now below the oceans surface, over the coming decades cities like Miami, Boston, Los Angeles, New York.....will undoubtedly suffer the same fate. It only makes sense to take action now to avoid the inevitable conclusion, rather than suffer further loss of life and property.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Harvey hates white people too. At least French ones.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible