Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lich error question

What happened that you lost maps and ;go2 as well? Does any part of Lich work?

2. Default

I had thought that perhaps completely wiping out all of the lich and ruby files on my comp and starting from scratch would help. It didn't. Now I cannot download any maps and nothing works because I can't access any of the lnet updater/maps/etc.

Yeah, its frustrating.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    The acid splashes over you!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    Acid bath empties chest. It's a lot cleaner now.
    DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by HermieTheDentist View Post
    I had thought that perhaps completely wiping out all of the lich and ruby files on my comp and starting from scratch would help. It didn't. Now I cannot download any maps and nothing works because I can't access any of the lnet updater/maps/etc.

Yeah, its frustrating.
    So nothing of Lich works? Not even like ;magic or ;spells or anything? Do you receive the same error message no matter what you try to do?

4. Default

I cannot log into ;lnet, lnet2 or anything to get the update needed to make anything work.

Feel free to ping me on AIM - m1kinsey
    Last edited by HermieTheDentist; 09-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

5. Default

I got my lich and ruby reinstalled.

Still having

lnet2
    --- Lich: lnet2 active.
    [lnet2: error: server certificate hostname mismatch]

Could use some major help please.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

6. Default

Still need some help on this:

[lnet: error: server certificate hostname mismatch]

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

7. Default

Still could use some help folks!

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by HermieTheDentist View Post
    Still could use some help folks!

Respectfully,
    Matt
    Are you using a work computer or a connection that monitors activity? If so, try the VPN workaround Khariz suggested:

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    I don't know the answer to that question, but Tillmen was onto something with that VPN comment. Take a look at https://airvpn.org/

They have some interesting options for people with problems such as yours. Not only can you set up SSH tunnels with one touch of a key (which are likely blocked if you have competent IT people), but they also have a relatively unique ability to set up a port 443 SSL tunnel, which is significantly more problematic for people to block. Basically, your computer will set up a secure connection to their server over the same port that HTTPS uses, and then inside of that secure connection, establish the VPN.

In theory, that would completely solve your problem. If you buy a years subscription, its about 5 bucks a month. You can buy a three day trial for a buck to see if it works.
    If you're not, and you can't figure out anything else, back up your important files and go nuclear: Just do a fresh install of Windows 10.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Are you using a work computer or a connection that monitors activity? If so, try the VPN workaround Khariz suggested:

If you're not, and you can't figure out anything else, back up your important files and go nuclear: Just do a fresh install of Windows 10.
    Not even a VPN worked! LOL

Any other suggestions. I don't want to do the whole go Nuclear thing.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

10. Default

So what does this mean:

Warning: unable to pull data from 'https://rubygems.org' :ssl connect return...blah blah blah another SSL return error.
    This happened while I was doing the install.

And

What does this mean:
    [lnet: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It must walk
    like either a String, an IO, or a Source.]
    >
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/source.rb:22:in `create_from'
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:127:in `stream='
    [lnet: connection lost]
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!