Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lich error question

1. Default Lich error question

Anyone know what this means?

[lnet: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed]
    lnet:117:in `connect'
    lnet:117:in `connect'
    [lnet: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It must walk
    like either a String, an IO, or a Source.]
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/source.rb:22:in `create_from'
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:127:in `stream='
    [infomon: checking stats...]
    [lnet: connection lost]
    [lnet: waiting 297 seconds before trying to reconnect...]
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    The acid splashes over you!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    Acid bath empties chest. It's a lot cleaner now.
    DEAD!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    Well, I went to the thread and read through the answer...but I have no idea how to fix this kind of thing. I have ZERO knowledge of SSL Certs or how to change a script like Ruby/Lich.

I guess lnet is broken for me forever?

Respectfully,
    Matt
    [LNet]-GSIV:Aizaraii: "I'm all for killing animals, we can settle with saying vegetarians are retarded"
    A twisted being's throat glows green as it opens its mouth, loosing a blast of acid that scours the entire room!
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

The thread http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ficate-Expired goes into specifics of the same error but for repository.lic.

With the disclaimer that I'm terrible about keeping scripts up to date so the line numbers may not be correct, lines 90-95 of lnet.lic change
    Code:
    if OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER == OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
        # the plat_updater script redefines OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER, disabling it for everyone
        ssl_context.verify_mode = 1 # probably right
    else
        ssl_context.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
    end
    to

Code:
    if OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER == OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
        # the plat_updater script redefines OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER, disabling it for everyone
        ssl_context.verify_mode = 1 # probably right
    else
        ssl_context.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE #OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
    end
    (Note, only line line after "else" is changed. The rest present for context.)

5. Default

I followed the directions and tried the work around and got a different error message this time:

--- Lich: lnet2 active.
    [lnet2: error: server certificate hostname mismatch]

and it will often crash the game.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

6. Default

Still curious if there is some help to be had for this error. Thanks!

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

Is this a freshly downloaded copy of Lich, or an older version that you're trying to update?

8. Default

I had thoroughly removed lick and ruby and did an entire reinstall. Even after doing that I had the same error message so I tried the work around listed above and created a lnet2.lic script as it prescribes. This resulted in the hostename mismatch error message.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

9. Default

I had thoroughly removed lick and ruby and did an entire reinstall. Even after doing that I had the same error message so I tried the work around listed above and created a lnet2.lic script as it prescribes. This resulted in the hostename mismatch error message.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!

10. Default

Still, need help. Now I don't have my maps, go2 or anything. Any help with this problem would be exceptionally helpful.

Respectfully,
    Matt
    ... 63 points of damage!
    DEAD!