Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Duskruin Extension Update

Quote Originally Posted by Comodus View Post
    What do you mean?
    Up until now I've felt like the was a, tenuous at best, balance between caring about the community and trying to get every last dollar from it. I just feel like this tipped the scales for me.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Up until now I've felt like the was a, tenuous at best, balance between caring about the community and trying to get every last dollar from it. I just feel like this tipped the scales for me.
    That's how I felt when they finally let it be known about the change to EG. Being told that you can go and maybe for less money or maybe do as much at it this year as you could last year for $50.....but you can certainly spend more if you want to do more.

So come on out to EG and have as much fun as you have in the past for possibly, but not really, less money than you could in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    I know this argument gets thrown around a lot but for good reason; I wouldn't even really mind all of this if the money was being put back into the game somehow. But as usual there is no evidence that it is. This isn't to knock the GMs because I'm sure they're doing the best they can given the situation (little to no pay outside of apparent bonuses from doing paid events, all of the Simu red tape, and etc), but really the game is either shrinking or staying relatively stable in terms of players and development seems to be at best on par with what we've seen in the past and at worst at a slower pace not including all of the paid shit.

Look at all of the systems and developments we've seen in the past; the adventurer's guild, warrior guild being released, rogue guild being released, the entire paladin profession being released, the entire monk profession being released, entire towns complete with hunting grounds being released, alchemy, and that's just off the top of my head. That isn't to say in the past couple of years the GMs have been sitting on their hands, but I can't think of something that took as many coding hours as those things did being released recently, it seems more and more GM power is being devoted towards more and more paid events/services.

And I wouldn't mind half as much if super awesome shit were being worked on, but when you have Estild himself saying profession guilds are so much trouble we'll probably never see another one again then say savants are so far on the back burner that we will see a new profession guild before savants then it's like well okay...so what's being worked on?

I appreciate the recent loresinging changes but I mean come on, that's like a few lines of code here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I know this argument gets thrown around a lot but for good reason; I wouldn't even really mind all of this if the money was being put back into the game somehow. But as usual there is no evidence that it is. This isn't to knock the GMs because I'm sure they're doing the best they can given the situation (little to no pay outside of apparent bonuses from doing paid events, all of the Simu red tape, and etc), but really the game is either shrinking or staying relatively stable in terms of players and development seems to be at best on par with what we've seen in the past and at worst at a slower pace not including all of the paid shit.

Look at all of the systems and developments we've seen in the past; the adventurer's guild, warrior guild being released, rogue guild being released, the entire paladin profession being released, the entire monk profession being released, entire towns complete with hunting grounds being released, alchemy, and that's just off the top of my head. That isn't to say in the past couple of years the GMs have been sitting on their hands, but I can't think of something that took as many coding hours as those things did being released recently, it seems more and more GM power is being devoted towards more and more paid events/services.

And I wouldn't mind half as much if super awesome shit were being worked on, but when you have Estild himself saying profession guilds are so much trouble we'll probably never see another one again then say savants are so far on the back burner that we will see a new profession guild before savants then it's like well okay...so what's being worked on?

I appreciate the recent loresinging changes but I mean come on, that's like a few lines of code here and there.
    It's called a shell game. They are leading you on by the nose until they're done squeezing the last drop of dollars from your swollen and spent body. At this point, with the nauseous levels of "gimmicky used car salesman" I wouldn't be surprised if they were playing out Gemstone's endgame.

I mean think about it, if the game was literally coming to an end wouldn't all this be exactly the moves a for-profit company will make before final lights out?

Quote Originally Posted by Duskruin View Post
    It's called a shell game. They are leading you on by the nose until they're done squeezing the last drop of dollars from your swollen and spent body. At this point, with the nauseous levels of "gimmicky used car salesman" I wouldn't be surprised if they were playing out Gemstone's endgame.

I mean think about it, if the game was literally coming to an end wouldn't all this be exactly the moves a for-profit company will make before final lights out?
    You people bitch so much, but you are the ones opening up your wallets and giving it to them! For fuck sake people, take some personal responsibility and STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!. None of what they're offering is even required to play the game and have fun! They're not forcing you to play the arena or do sewer runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    You people bitch so much, but you are the ones opening up your wallets and giving it to them! For fuck sake people, take some personal responsibility and STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!. None of what they're offering is even required to play the game and have fun! They're not forcing you to play the arena or do sewer runs.
    Don't worry - there's probably a video poker law already on the books that applies to what they are doing with simucoins. We can all bond over being a part of the class-action lawsuit against Simutronics when Gemstone is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Don't worry - there's probably a video poker law already on the books that applies to what they are doing with simucoins. We can all bond over being a part of the class-action lawsuit against Simutronics when Gemstone is cancelled.
    Been there done that. Took me almost a year to get my money out of Full Tilt. I miss online poker. Any game you can get in now is garbage.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Been there done that. Took me almost a year to get my money out of Full Tilt. I miss online poker. Any game you can get in now is garbage.
    This is the truth. I hear there are a ton of bots online too. Live games though are still rife with fish. Played a few this past weekend, good times...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    None of what they're offering is even required to play the game and have fun!
    What is fun for you might not be fun for someone else. What is fun for someone else might not be fun for you. Maybe people just like to see big numbers and this is how they want to go about it. Some people like to literally script their entire experience, just to see if they can.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I like Wyrom overall. I think he definitely shouldn't be a PR guy though. When I hear "We'll be adding something because of the delay". I would assume its something fairly cheap. I think the lowest something they added was 25K BS. I was expecting something much cheaper, like 3-5k range. Not something that would require 2+ 50 count books to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

I mostly agree with you but the new padding/weighting/flaring changes are really good. Simu's problem is they don't have the resources to devote to all the professions. Monks are one dimensional. Savants will never get released. And balance issues around certain professions are neglected (Bard 1030 for example).