Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UAC Wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Do katars require both edged and brawling training? Or just one or the other?
    Both. I believe your AS is halved if you're not trained in one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Do katars require both edged and brawling training? Or just one or the other?
    Both as Maerit said. If you look at their speed and DF table, it's like using a far superior short sword. The tradeoff is basically TP's.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Sure thing:

Code:
      Skill Name                         | Actual  Actual
                                         |  Bonus   Ranks      Goals  In-Game Time to Goal
      Two Weapon Combat..................|      0       0          0
      Armor Use..........................|     70      15         15
      Combat Maneuvers...................|    166      66         66
      Brawling...........................|    166      66         66
      Physical Fitness...................|    166      66         66
      Arcane Symbols.....................|    166      66         66
      Magic Item Use.....................|    166      66         66
      Harness Power......................|    164      64         64
      Elemental Mana Control.............|    166      66         66
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|    105      25         25
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|    120      30         30
      Perception.........................|    166      66         66
      Climbing...........................|     90      20         20
      Swimming...........................|     50      10         10

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|             62         62

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|             53         53

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|             20         20
    I went for Air Lore first, and got it to 25 ranks. This was so I could aim UAC attacks with 1s RT, and I attuned to Air so I could e-blade 1x gloves/boots and have 5x gear with strong air flares. It worked well until I upgraded to 7x gloves (KO and earth flaring) with 6x HCW boots.

Earth lore helps bolster UAF by improving 509, making 909 better - which warmages use frequently - and improving my 520 for those times when a maneuver stuns me while in offensive. Since he is in GOS, wears HCP double leathers, and has 520, I'm walking around in with expert crit padding (10+10+6) and have around Fantastic crit padding when stunned (10+10+16). I think that's how that works... Though if I did it over, I'd probably go VOLN over GOS. This character was started before the 520 changes, so the HCP from sigil of major protection was very attractive. Now that I can have serious padding from my equipment + mage armor, the benefits from GoS are not as noticeable. The lack of access to symbol of blessing, Kai's Strike, and the other Kai passive symbol to fight undead is a bit of a limitation. I may chose to switch this character to Voln at a later date.

The rest is pretty self-explanatory. I did have spell aiming at one point, but bolted maybe once per week and was sad that I had trouble warding things (516 and 501 are handy), so I dumped the SA for more spell ranks. This had the side benefit of adding more UAF due to improving 425 with more MnE ranks. 15 ranks to wear double leathers. The 4% hindrance is annoying, but it only pops up sometimes when refreshing 506 or 902.

Starting Stats - set to be nearly perfect at cap, but I tanked INF to get a boost to AGI (giants aren't very agile):

Code:
        Strength (STR): 82
    Constitution (CON): 77
       Dexterity (DEX): 70
         Agility (AGI): 85
      Discipline (DIS): 70
            Aura (AUR): 54
           Logic (LOG): 70
       Intuition (INT): 59
          Wisdom (WIS): 73
       Influence (INF): 20
    Do you see yourself doing this at cap?

In Loving Memory:

I'm as serious as a heart attack on a 600 lbs person who never exercises!

I have 2 degrees in stupid and a masters in retardation. I used to teach idiocy. So I know more about stupid than you!

-time4guns
    7/26/17 - 7/26/17
    Always loved, never forgotten, forever missed <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Do you see yourself doing this at cap?
    I'd like to try this out at cap, but with 2x spell aiming as well. I'd likely use UAC for living, and bolt the undead.

5. Default

I think GOS has some nice benefits for a warmage other than just major bane/protection, most notably sigils of distraction and intimidation. I generally have mana and stamina to spare (unlike some of my other GOS characters), so I find myself using those two frequently. The penalty to EBP, when combined with the EBP penalties of 909, helps to avoid a lot of missed swings. I use intimidation less (it's more expensive), but it's nice for an extra boost when you encounter something with a lot of DS.

Sigil of determination is also damn handy, especially cause warmages seem to get injured a bit more frequently (or at least mine does compared with my pure). And sigil of mending is pretty rad, cause it means you can eat all herbs in 1 second with 535 up. And you don't have to waste points on FA.

I definitely agree with dropping SA for spell ranks. Bolting is certainly useful, but I liked actually being able to ward stuff, afford lores, etc. I finally just picked up SA at about 8m exp, but I'm kind of annoyed that I had to drop 30 spell ranks for it. It means that I can actually hunt most capped areas now, though, which I couldn't necessarily do before.