Thread: Post-Cap Goals

Default Post-Cap Goals

My cleric is nearing cap (yay!) and am starting to think about post-cap training goals. Pretty standard pure build:

121 Cleric / 66 MjS / 66 MnS Spells
    110 Religion / 66 Blessing / 21 Summoning Lore
    1x PF / AS / MIU / HP / SMC
    0.5x FA
    Climbing / Swimming / Trading / Survival as needed

Any suggestions for training goals, besides getting cleric spells to 166? Any CMANs particularly helpful?

1x perception if you don't already have it, it's a cheap way to help with some maneuvers.

As far as CMANs go you can't go wrong with Cunning Defense since 5 ranks of it basically acts as having 1 rank in every CMAN as far as defense goes. Other than that it really depends on what CMANs the critters you hunt use. If they use feint then train in feint, if they use disarm then train in disarm, if they train in your face then train in your face.

According to this, get Major and Minor Spiritual to 67 each for 2 more cleric CS pretty quick.
    Other than that I'll just say good luck!

Yeah, you'd have gotten the most bang for your buck if you'd have gotten cleric circle to 141 first before going past 40 in the spirituals, but since you're already there, get them to 67 for the full bonus.

I'd personally max out spell ranks before starting on CMs. It'll only take you another 2.6m exp to be fully 3x!! On a pure, I'd rather have a better chance of disabling or killing creatures with magic before having to worry about dodging their maneuvers.

I'd also second the 1x perception recommendation. If you're not trained in it, I'd get to 1x first before doing spells.

I also like being 1x in survival because I run back and forth from WL and IMT so often, but that's just a matter of preference.

And FA is so cheap for a cleric, seems like you might as well go 1x so you can actually skin.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 10-10-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Spells > lores > HP > other stuff is the typical game plan for post cap pures.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Where do you hunt and do you mostly stick to one place? Because, honestly, different capped hunting grounds justify different priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by jose8 View Post
    Pretty standard pure build
    Uhm...are you a spam bot? Cause your sig sort of looks like it, but your post sounds pretty on topic, even if missing a bit of information. How smart are these spam AIs getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Uhm...are you a spam bot? Cause your sig sort of looks like it, but your post sounds pretty on topic, even if missing a bit of information. How smart are these spam AIs getting?
    Haha, you got trolled by a bot. His post contains verbatim text from the OP's post. The only curious thing is that it was edited. So maybe it isn't a bot, but it's definitely a spammer.
    Last edited by Mogonis; 10-27-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogonis View Post
    Haha, you got trolled by a bot. His post contains verbatim text from the OP's post. The only curious thing is that it was edited. So maybe it isn't a bot, but it's definitely a spammer.
    I just realized this isn't the "A thread for people who finished a Post-Cap goal Today" thread, which is what I thought it was when I was responding to the other poster. I was like "Wow, that's an almost on topic thing to post...just sort of lacking some info."

Clearly something is up with this poster but yeah, looks like they just copied part of the original post.

I wonder if Whirlin will say I’m abusing report if I report the bot. LET’S FIND OUT!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible